USC Peter Stark Program Fall 2019 Entry

shivan

Hey all,
Called Katie and she cleared up some things for me.
  1. firstly it doesn't matter if your transcripts are there or not. Starks system is totally different from grad admissions and they only consider the slideroom submission.
  2. speaking of slideroom, they only work off what they get on print. Because the print out all our submissions in December.
  3. they are still combing through applications, but according to Katie, she has to send out 10 more interview notifications between now to next week. So there are only about ten people left to be called.
Wishing you luck then!
Wish the last point was kept confidential 😆.Now the suspense builds up till next week , like 10 life lines remaining 😂.Anyways thanks for the info .
Good luck .

angeliquex95

Hey all,
  1. firstly it doesn't matter if your transcripts are there or not. Starks system is totally different from grad admissions and they only consider the slideroom submission.
  2. speaking of slideroom, they only work off what they get on print. Because the print out all our submissions in December.
  3. they are still combing through applications, but according to Katie, she has to send out 10 more interview notifications between now to next week. So there are only about ten people left to be called.
Wishing you luck then!
Whew, only 10 spots left. My anxiety just went from 100 to 1000 lol.

divmoh247

Haha sorry all. I didn't mean to frighten you. The way she said it made it seem like they still haven't gotten around to a lot of the applications yet so I don't think we're going to be hearing en masse. She's only notifying the people, I doubt she knows who it is already.

Starfish

Hey all,
Wishing you luck then!
Great and helpful info, esp the 10 more interviews! You should be a detective!! I wish you luck - you deserve a break on this one.

P_Z

Hey everyone! I just got the email from Katie to schedule a Skype Call!! So I would like to reiterate @Evilexes question... has anyone already had the interview just to know what to prepare for? Thanks!!

Starfish

My friend had an interview yesterday. Said it was pretty short- 10-15 min. They asked him Why he wanted to do Stark program? About his film experience in college? Current work experience (in L.A.) and what he'll do if he doesn't get in? Only 2 people interviewed him - Katie and Larry (the 90? year old head of program). Hope that helps- sounds like they are still interviewing people,.

My friend had an interview yesterday. Said it was pretty short- 10-15 min. They asked him Why he wanted to do Stark program? About his film experience in college? Current work experience (in L.A.) and what he'll do if he doesn't get in? Only 2 people interviewed him - Katie and Larry (the 90? year old head of program). Hope that helps- sounds like they are still interviewing people,.
Thank you for this information :)!

HaylieC

Hi, all
I'm not having my hopes high since I haven't gotten an interview e-mail so far
But just in case I might missed my e-mail, can anyone who received an e-mail suggest what the title or the sender mailing address looks like?

Hi, all
I'm not having my hopes high since I haven't gotten an interview e-mail so far
But just in case I might missed my e-mail, can anyone who received an e-mail suggest what the title or the sender mailing address looks like?
Hi, the title of the email was Skype Call from Stark Admissions Committe

Evilexes

Thanks for sharing!

The applicants of the production program are getting acceptance letters and they seem way ahead of last year's schedule. The process of the Stark program, on contrary, has been delayed as compared to last year. I'm wondering if this means the letters will be coming in later than the last week of Feb (the notification date of 2017,2018)

Julie Lew

Staff member
How'd the interview go?
It went well, I think. I talked with Larry Turman, Richard Shepherd, and Michael Lane. We talked a bit about my previous experience, what I want out of grad school, and what I'd do if I didn't get in. Fingers crossed for everyone who was interviewed!

shivan

It went well, I think. I talked with Larry Turman, Richard Shepherd, and Michael Lane. We talked a bit about my previous experience, what I want out of grad school, and what I'd do if I didn't get in. Fingers crossed for everyone who was interviewed!
Glad it went well. Though am curious when they asked if you don't get in what are your plans ,what was your response ? Do they want to see desperation that I will apply again next year or jus be natural ? What do you make of their reaction ?

Latest Applications

Latest reviews