USC Peter Stark Program Fall 2019 Entry

Glad it went well. Though am curious when they asked if you don't get in what are your plans ,what was your response ? Do they want to see desperation that I will apply again next year or jus be natural ? What do you make of their reaction ?
This was also a part of our admissions essay and I think it's best to stick to whatever your initial response was. I don't want to be perceived as someone inconsistent.

But like you mentioned, I had no clue of what kind of answer they expect from me when writing my essay...

Julie Lew

Staff member
I think we talked a lot about it during my interview because a lot has changed for me since I submitted my application in November, so I think they were gauging how seriously grad school fit into my plans.

catharsis9999

I just had my interview. The questions they asked me was mostly about my resume and then "Why Stark?" and "Which territory do you see yourself working at? " "What kind of contents do you want to focus on?" They said they will announce the admission results early-mid March. Good luck everyone! Hope to see all of you this fall!

Yuk

Supporting Member
At the end of the interview they mentioned that results will be out early March 😂 I'm wondering if results will be out this weekend. Most of the other disciplines seem to be getting their letters on weekends.

Mdub_2013

Supporting Member
At the end of the interview they mentioned that results will be out early March 😂 I'm wondering if results will be out this weekend. Most of the other disciplines seem to be getting their letters on weekends.
Yes! Im wondering if it’s this weekend or next but I’m so damn nervous tbh. This is my top choice that I’ll be crushed if I don’t get in 😢 lol

Mdub_2013

Supporting Member
Same here 😭! I'll proabably be refreshing my yousc portal like crazy. Fingers crossed we both make it!
Same, hopefully, we do! I also hate that its a long wait between now and the interviews because I swear every day I'm second guessing every little thing I said. LOL

CanadaCanada

I wouldn't expect to hear anything over the weekend. Last year decisions came out on a Wednesday, with those accepted getting a call and those waitlisted getting an email (I think rejection emails went out the next day). They have historically called to deliver the good news, so expect word to come on a weekday during LA office hours.

Given that they seem a bit behind where they have been in past years, my guess is that we'll be notified at some point next week.

Mdub_2013

Supporting Member
The waiting game starts..I'll be holding on to my phone the whole time now.
I'm nervous just thinking about it LOL any missed call

Mdub_2013

Supporting Member
I double checked previous years and it seems like the day would be Wednesday for calls. It was on Wed. in 2017 and 2018

Reactions: Yuk

Yuk

Supporting Member
I double checked previous years and it seems like the day would be Wednesday for calls. It was on Wed. in 2017 and 2018
I wonder how they call international students. As for my timezone they would either have to call out of LA office hours or at a very inappropriate time for me, not that I mind.

Mdub_2013

Supporting Member
I wonder how they call international students. As for my timezone they would either have to call out of LA office hours or at a very inappropriate time for me, not that I mind.
Lol i would hope they just email, but that’s a great question.

Mdub_2013

Supporting Member
Every time you guys post something here, I get an email with "USC Peter Stark Program 2019 blah blah blah" and my heart stops & skips a beat or two 😅
Sorry 🤦🏾‍♀️😂😂

Latest Applications

Latest reviews