USC Peter Stark Program Fall 2019 Entry

divmoh247

Hi all!
I didn't see a thread for the most recent group of applicants (that is this year) for Stark so I thought I would start one. If there's already an existing thread for people applying this year, could you please link it?

Are there any people applying fall of 2018 to enter next year? Let's connect!

I am applying! I am trying to finish my written portions this week and have been getting stuck feeling like my reasons for wanting to go are too generic or boring. Basically, I have been working in a variety of production and post-production roles over the past two years in LA. The reason I want to go to the Stark program is to better prepare myself to handle bigger projects, be able to brand myself as a sole producer rather than have to take a variety of different roles to support myself, and to work with a group of motivated like-minded peers.

As much as that is true, I can't help but feel like I need something more spicy to catch their attention. Does anyone know what they are looking for in the written portion? Specifically the, "Why do you want to attend the Stark Program" question.

Thanks and good luck to everyone :)

I'm struggling with that too! I have honestly never been so petrified my whole life. I want to be a showrunner, so a lot of my stuff is quite showrunner centric, although I am interested in the business side of the film industry as well. As a writer, you rarely get to see that part of the world and taking classes in it before being thrown into the real world seems like a good idea.

I didn't think to post this until now (so it may be too late) - but I'm swinging by the school tomorrow to visit and chat with some of the admissions/administrative staff about the program, because I'm visiting from NYC. I'm compiling a list of my own questions right now, but does anyone questions that you think I should ask them?

I didn't think to post this until now (so it may be too late) - but I'm swinging by the school tomorrow to visit and chat with some of the admissions/administrative staff about the program, because I'm visiting from NYC. I'm compiling a list of my own questions right now, but does anyone questions that you think I should ask them?

Just in case nobody responds on time be sure to scour the site using search to read all the old threads from previous years. That might give you some good ideas.

Thanks @Chris W just put my details in on the tracklist! Good luck to everyone. How do you all feel?

how was your chat with them?

how was your chat with them?
Sorry for the delayed response! It was pretty good, although super casual. There wasn't any sort of tour or info session (at least not the days I was visiting), but I had been in touch with the office admin for the Stark program prior to my visit. So I was able to swing by and chat with the woman in the office for a bit and have my questions answered. Larry also stuck his head in from his office just to say hello and good luck. But it was also nice just to walk around campus and get a feel for the school.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back