USC Peter Stark Program Fall 2019 Entry

Here's an interesting read about a Peter Stark Alum -- while waiting....

(BTW - I did NOT apply to P Stark. I do college counseling work and know a good friend who applied (no interview request yet that I know of) - so I'm just trying to be supportive and was curious of the P. Stark (and general Film Grad. School application process in general to various schools like USC.)

Film Production Professional Interview – Offbeat, unusual ...

https://theinterviewportal.com/2019/01/19/film-production-professional-interview/

Jan 19, 2019 - Now, five years later, the graduate of the USC School of Cinematic Arts' Peter StarkProducing Program has hit the ground running with a ...

I called up the Stark office and spoke to Katie and it looks like they're still looking to send out interview requests this week into the beginning of next week, so there's hope for us still lol
Thank you for sharing this info. I really hope we all receive the interview requests yet to come

I just got an email for a skypecall! It said they wanted to speak with me to ask a few questions and that the call would last no longer than 20 minutes. Are all official interviews arranged like this?

Congratulations to everyone who got a skype request. Has anyone heard anything yesterday or the day before? I'm so worried because I sent a transcript out from english like a week and a half ago that they still haven't got.

Congratulations to everyone who got a skype request. Has anyone heard anything yesterday or the day before? I'm so worried because I sent a transcript out from english like a week and a half ago that they still haven't got.
Yeah one applicant heard yesterday. Did you try sending an electronic transcript? Those get there the fastest. Also id contact the Stark office to try and see if they can hold off of a decision until they receive it, since it sounds like there's been issues out of your control with the graduate school office. But it sounds like they're still sending out requests until early next week so there's still time

This school doesn't send out an electronic transcript (based in the UK) and I called them and now they're saying they dont know why it's not processed, but they haven't received it so i sent them a PDF that the university sent me. I'm sure that's not enough but it's all i have until the official document comes through. I sent it to them via the original email asking me for the doc and i'm calling SCA now to check up. I don't want to leave it to chance.

Good plan. I'd also contact the general graduate school office, they required transcripts as well. just so you have that contact in case there are any other issues

So i called SCA and they basically said they cannot review the file if it's incomplete because it's on a university wide platform that doesn't allow them to do that. I had to call Grad Admissions again because they still hadn't received a copy. Now i didnt know this (and i'm kicking myself) but they could have taken an unofficial PDF which i had for two weeks so i sent that immediately however that takes 1-2 business days to process once they receive it so SCA will get it by thursday or friday. But i am so upset because I lost all this time and now they'll either only get it by Thursday or Friday... and idk if that's enough time for them to review.

So i called SCA and they basically said they cannot review the file if it's incomplete because it's on a university wide platform that doesn't allow them to do that. I had to call Grad Admissions again because they still hadn't received a copy. Now i didnt know this (and i'm kicking myself) but they could have taken an unofficial PDF which i had for two weeks so i sent that immediately however that takes 1-2 business days to process once they receive it so SCA will get it by thursday or friday. But i am so upset because I lost all this time and now they'll either only get it by Thursday or Friday... and idk if that's enough time for them to review.
SCA had asked for your missing transcript means they want to consider your application ,so don't worry be positive it will be good .all the best ?

SCA had asked for your missing transcript means they want to consider your application ,so don't worry be positive it will be good .all the best ?
SCA didn't ask for it. Grad admissions did. SCA doesn't even have access to it because they don't review incomplete files. So I'm not even in consideration.

From a verified, trusted source, to ease concerns out there:

Peter Stark is a bit different than other SCA divisions as far as application review. It’s its own entity. As long as both the USC online application and the SlideRoom applications were submitted successfully with all components, the mailing or sending of direct official transcripts outside of that process really only affects when you get decision letters, not actual review. The Stark Office will review the applications if all materials were correctly submitted via SlideRoom AND you submitted whatever was needed on the base USC online application to let the application officially go through to them. If you got a confirmation screen on both and you submitted the right files, you're totally fine. They almost exclusively look at the SlideRoom material and only go to Grad Admissions to make sure everything is in if they are interested in you as a candidate.

Also, even if there is something missing on those online apps, the system either won’t let you submit or, if it did, it’s honestly too late in the game to correct it at this point. It needed to be corrected back in November or December. You have to be precise about the application instructions when you submit — provide all those elements online as best as possible. If you weren't able to submit a transcript file back in November, since the SlideRoom app also requires that, it would have already been disqualified in the Fall semester unless you contacted them prior to let them know of issues (in which case, they would suggest getting in by November 15 but also unofficially flag that file as having been notified of an issue).

But essentially, a late official transcript in the mail will not prevent the Stark office from reviewing your stuff.

Thank you for the info. This clears up a lot. Fortunately I was able to call grad admissions and they told me my missing transcript came in. To clarify, I did send all my materials on time, however I did a year overseas during my undergraduate degree that wanted a transcript for, so I had to contact the university in England to get it. Bear in mind it was already on my transcript, they just also wanted an official one from the English university. So far everything is fine!

Hey all,
Called Katie and she cleared up some things for me.
  1. firstly it doesn't matter if your transcripts are there or not. Starks system is totally different from grad admissions and they only consider the slideroom submission.
  2. speaking of slideroom, they only work off what they get on print. Because the print out all our submissions in December.
  3. they are still combing through applications, but according to Katie, she has to send out 10 more interview notifications between now to next week. So there are only about ten people left to be called.

Wishing you luck then!

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back