USC Peter Stark Program Fall 2019 Entry

Has anyone received the official USC letter from admissions yet?

Congrats to all who've been accepted!

Anyone else got a call today? I contacted them and they said that email notifications will be sent out by the end of the week. So I'm guessing that means I'm out of the running (but hope I'm wrong)... good luck to everyone!

Just got my rejection letter. They even spelled my name wrong in the email :(
Sorry about that :/ I think a student worker wrote the letters or something. Mine said 'Application design' in the subject line but I think they meant 'application decision'. That means nothing but it just seems careless lol

Nvm. I applied to both Stark and USC's Interactive Media & Games MFA program and just found out that I got into Interactive Media & Games MFA!! I'll be taking my offer for USC IMGD since I already did business school and film school at NYU Stern & Tisch. Good luck to others who are still waiting and to those who will be attending the Stark program that are interested in creating location-based VR entertainment, let's keep in touch because that's what I will be doing at USC for the next 3 years!

Nvm. I applied to both Stark and USC's Interactive Media & Games MFA program and just found out that I got into Interactive Media & Games MFA!! I'll be taking my offer for USC IMGD since I already did business school and film school at NYU Stern & Tisch. Good luck to others who are still waiting and to those who will be attending the Stark program that are interested in creating location-based VR entertainment, let's keep in touch because that's what I will be doing at USC for the next 3 years!

Awesome, congrats!

Congrats!

Congrats to everyone who got in!

I got a waitlist email today. Does anyone know what the chances of getting a spot are? Or how many people are waitlisted?

Sorry about that :/ I think a student worker wrote the letters or something. Mine said 'Application design' in the subject line but I think they meant 'application decision'. That means nothing but it just seems careless lol

Got my rejection letter, too
It has the same title lol

Regardless of your individual outcomes the past couple days you should ALL be really proud that you showed up to apply to USC’s toughest Film grad program and tried your hardest. So many people wouldn’t put themselves out there like that and take such a big risk. You each made a Big effort and that’s what ultimately counts in life. Like Lady GAGA said during her Oscar acceptance speech - “It’s not about “winning” it’s about how many times you stand back up after you get knocked down...”. She also talked about how hard it is to follow your passion.

Your creative careers are all going to work out just fine in the long run regardless of this particular outcome. Remember, you have to knock on a bunch of doors in Hollywood your entire career to get someone to answer — so just think of this as one door you knocked on. And... Don’t Stop Believing in Yourself!!

Last edited:
For anyone who was accepted, do you mind sharing when deposits are due? I'm guessing its around April 5th, but would be curious to know as a wait-lister.
They are due apr 5 for $1000. I think the other programs have until the 15th

To those that applied last year.... Be sure to update your application in the Film School Application database with as much info as you can.

See this example application to see how you can fully utilize the system:

The more data the better to help future applicants. Thank you! ?

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back