USC SCA 2021 - Interview Process

ShereanJ

Hi everyone

Happy New Year

I received an e-mail today about the interview process this weekend. Has anyone else received theirs?

For alumni do you have any advice on what to prepare for as far as questions goes?

If anyone wants to ban together to practice over the next few days I'm open

Have a great day

Also follow up -- if you feel comfortable sharing, how many views did your videos get? I have just 2 on my film and 3 on my self-introduction, a little worried that it isn't a good sign.

I get the impression that they’re rolling, so it’s possible more interview requests could go out in the next few weeks. Also, I only had 1 view each on my visual submission and intro video before being asked to interview, so I’d take those views with a grain of salt!

I get the impression that they’re rolling, so it’s possible more interview requests could go out in the next few weeks. Also, I only had 1 view each on my visual submission and intro video before being asked to interview, so I’d take those views with a grain of salt!
Ahh thank you so much for your reply!! This makes me feel so much better & wishing you & everyone else here best of luck thru the process!!! The waiting/ not knowing is the hardest part

Thank you so much for this reply - this makes me feel a lot better & wishing you & everyone here best of luck thru this process. Waiting/ not knowing is the hardest part but sending good vibes to everyone on their interviews and during everything in between!!

Do you think if we haven't heard anything we should be pretty worried? Does anyone know if they do interviews all at once or its rolling? Congrats you guys btw!!!!!
I don't know could be separated by a program. I know all final decisions are made by March. I might be delusional but I heard some students don't get interviews they just get accepted. Definitely don't worry

Wonder if there's a chance of getting accepted without having an interview!
Yes. There are a ton accepted without interview in our application database and if you read our interview with USC Admissions they say it's not required.

How to get Into USC SCA: Advice from an Admissions Committee Member

Considered by many to be the best film school in the world, it’s no wonder why the USC School of Cinematic Arts (SCA) is so sought after by prospective undergraduate and graduate students alike. However, the film school’s prestige can often make the application process particularly stressful and...

Yes. There are a ton accepted without interview in our application database and if you read our interview with USC Admissions they say it's not required.

Considered by many to be the best film school in the world, it’s no wonder why the USC School of Cinematic Arts (SCA) is so sought after by prospective undergraduate and graduate students alike. However, the film school’s prestige can often make the application process particularly stressful and...
Thank you for your response!

Do AFI, NYU do interviews? Or, the interview is not required for those schools too?

Not sure.... But look at past threads and browse last year's applications for those schools.

You can sort by school and accepted status.

How to use the Film School Application Database & Tracker

How to use the Film School Application Database & Tracker

Thanks to our many members, the FilmSchool.org Application Database and Tracker consists of over 4,000 applications that date back to 2015, making it one of the most advantageous tools on the website. Its basic function is to track film schools’ rates of acceptance, minimum GPAs, accepted test...

I wonder if this applies to the Stark program as well, cause the website makes it seem like the interview is mandatory but it would be kind of a relief if it isn't

Just re-checked the website and realized it never states that interviews are mandatory for acceptance! This is kind of great news!

Those of you who have already had your interview, do you mind sharing how it went?
It went well for me. The interview felt more like a conversation, and I got the sense that the faculty really do a great job spending time reviewing applications in a detailed way.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back