USC SCA Writing for Screen and Television MFA Fall 2024

I just got an email with updates from USC saying that they're working on the issue and have decided to extend the deadline ONLY for the SlideRoom materials until the 17th. Since the USC part of the application has been functional, the deadline for that is still on the 15th, as previously announced.

IMPORTANT though that for the extended grace period to go into effect, the SlideRoom application must have been started before the 15th (but I think no one here would have issues with that since we're all already working on it).

Last edited:
I just got an email with updates from USC saying that they're working on the issue and have decided to extend the deadline ONLY for the SlideRoom materials until the 17th. Since the USC part of the application has been functional, the deadline for that is still on the 15th, as previously announced.

IMPORTANT though that for the extended grace period to go into effect, the SlideRoom application must have been started before the 15th (but I think no one here would have issues with that since we're all already working on it).
That is very kind of them! I just submitted my application in case of another technical failure. Good luck to everyone else!

Has there been any official communication on this? Don't believe I've received an email or seen it announced on SlideRoom.

Has there been any official communication on this? Don't believe I've received an email or seen it announced on SlideRoom.
The email came directly from SCA's Admissions Office, so I'm counting it as official and already told one of recommenders (who was also having issues with SlideRoom) that they can upload their letter until this Friday.

The email also said that any further updates they'd send directly via email to students, so I wouldn't expect a public announcement 🤷‍♀️ (probably to avoid abuse from people who weren't affected by the site's downtime)

The email came directly from SCA's Admissions Office, so I'm counting it as official and already told one of recommenders (who was also having issues with SlideRoom) that they can upload their letter until this Friday.

The email also said that any further updates they'd send directly via email to students, so I wouldn't expect a public announcement 🤷‍♀️ (probably to avoid abuse from people who weren't affected by the site's downtime)
I just got an official email that wasn't addressed only to me, FYI.

Is everyone else's SlideRoom working fine? And if so, what browser are you using? I'm on Safari a mine is getting stuck at "waiting to upload" when I try to add my PDFs 💀

I swear to god this application is going to be the end of me 😩

Is everyone else's SlideRoom working fine? And if so, what browser are you using? I'm on Safari a mine is getting stuck at "waiting to upload" when I try to add my PDFs 💀

I swear to god this application is going to be the end of me 😩
Download Chrome and give it a shot? :(

You have until 11:59 PST so hopefully it all works out! 🤞Anyone else cutting it close?

You have until 11:59 PST so hopefully it all works out! 🤞Anyone else cutting it close?
Thankfully the extended deadline for SlideRoom is until Friday, so I'm very much appreciating that grace period right now 🫡

Everyone be sure to log their application in our database if you haven't yet.

It's very useful to everyone and helps improve our acceptance data!

USC School of Cinematic Arts Acceptance Rate (All Programs/All Years)
28%
Admitted
227  out of   820   Admitted
17%
Waitlisted
138  out of   820   Waitlisted
55%
Not Admitted
455  out of   820  Not Admitted
Admitted
Waitlisted
Not Admitted

Has anyone received anything yet? I feel the screenwriting corner of the ring has been a bit quiet as of interviews - not just as USC.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
      For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
      Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
        4.00 star(s)
        Reviewed by: Alumni
        Degree: BA/BS/BFA
        BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
        Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
        • Anonymous
      • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
        4.00 star(s)
        Reviewed by: Current Student
        Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
        UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
        UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
        • Anonymous
      • Syracuse University
        4.00 star(s)
        Concentration: Film
        Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
        I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
        • Anonymous
      • Fitchburg State University
        5.00 star(s)
        Reviewed by: Alumni
        Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
        A Great School with Great Professors!
        I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
        • Anonymous
      • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
        5.00 star(s)
        Degree: MA/MFA
        Concentration: Screenwriting
        Hidden Gem
        Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
        • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
      Articles
      Forums
      Film Schools
      Scholarships
      Back