USC School of Cinematic Arts Film & TV Production Spring 2020

Frankie Bones

Supporting Member
USC
For those who were asked to provide proof of ability to pay, two quick questions: 1) what kinds of proof are they requesting? Bank statements, tax returns? ; and 2) is it something that only international applicants are asked to give? Have any US applicants also been asked to give this?

thx in advance!

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
For those who were asked to provide proof of ability to pay, two quick questions: 1) what kinds of proof are they requesting? Bank statements, tax returns? ; and 2) is it something that only international applicants are asked to give? Have any US applicants also been asked to give this?

thx in advance!
Yes it's international and it appears to be a legal government immigration Visa requirement.

"International applicants (those who are, or will be, in the United States on a non-immigrant visa) must submit documented evidence of financial support. The U.S. government requires that all international student applicants provide proof of ability to pay tuition and living expenses for themselves and their dependents (if applicable) before a formal letter of admission and an I-20 or DS-2019 Certificate of Eligibility can be issued. For visa information or to check whether you will need an I-20/DS-2019 issued by USC, please see Obtaining a Visa."

Armslength

Hi all,

I too have just been informed that I am a waitlisted student for the spring of 2020. I have a question however regarding how that works. I have seen posted on this site a number of times that those waitlisted who do not get in during the semester they applied for will have that admissions "rollover" into the next semester. Is this accurate? I ask because when I spoke with a representative from the admissions office I was told that students who aren't accepted from the waitlist in time would need to reapply for fall consideration.

Can anyone advise/site sources?

Last edited:

Tianmi

Hi all,

I too have just been informed that I am a waitlisted student for the spring of 2020. I have a question however regarding how that works. I have seen posted on this site a number of times that those waitlisted who do not get in during the semester they applied for will have that admissions "rollover" into the next semester. Is this accurate? I ask because when I spoke with a representative from the admissions office I was told that students who aren't accepted from the waitlist in time would need to reapply for fall consideration.

Can anyone advise/site sources?
Basically what I've heard is that if you apply in Fall, and you are put in the waitlist, then your admissions will rollover into spring, but if you apply in Spring and in the waitlist, your admissions cannot rollover into Fall which you have to reapply.

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• USC Cinematic Arts - Film and Television Production (MFA)
    1.00 star(s)
    Questionable Investment
    If you don’t get a scholarship to attend USC I would advise against going. It’s too much money to throw away for a school with so many problems...
    • Anonymous
  • Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    BEST use of your time!
    Thanks to professor Carl Haber I was able to learn the fundamentals of screenwriting and how to implement them. For the first time in my life, I'm...
    • pcasmur
  • UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Chicago - Department of Cinema and Media Studies
    5.00 star(s)
    In my opinion, the University of Chicago's Cinema & Media Studies program is one of the most outstanding and underrated programs out there. I...
    • jn0pe
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    I went to Emerson for my undergrad for VMA (Visual media arts, just generally the film program) and...it was a lot of fun, I certainly learned...
    • julia1