USC School of Cinematic Arts Film & TV Production Spring 2020

anyone else that got academically eligible also having trouble sending those documents before the deadline? I only had 8 business days to go after the documentation and translate it, and now I fear the Graduate Admissions Office won’t approve it in time

I am having a similar issue. I wrote and asked for an extension till next week. I haven’t heard back but quite frankly the deadline is short and I don’t think it should be so hard to grant an extension on our submission. I would say you should try though.

I am having a similar issue. I wrote and asked for an extension till next week. I haven’t heard back but quite frankly the deadline is short and I don’t think it should be so hard to grant an extension on our submission. I would say you should try though.
I think the delay on sending out the decisions might have shortened the time for us to submit those documents. I have called them, sent emails... no response yet. But it's good to know I am not the only one requesting an extension though. At least they'll notice there is not enough time for us to submit it all and get it approved.

Last edited:
I think the delay on sending the decisions out might have shortened the time for us to submit those documents. I have called them, sent emails... no response yet. But it's good to know I am not the only one requesting an extension though. At least they'll notice there is not enough time for us to submit it all and get it approved.
Yeah, I feel quite relieved I’m not alone and I feel there should be others in the same situation. I’ve tried to imagine and I feel it’s would be very harsh to withdraw one’s acceptance because one was unable to submit financial documents in time even when one notified the school in advance of one’s challenges. So let’s hope for the best. We have come this far for a reason.

Yeah, I feel quite relieved I’m not alone and I feel there should be others in the same situation. I’ve tried to imagine and I feel it’s would be very harsh to withdraw one’s acceptance because one was unable to submit financial documents in time even when one notified the school in advance of one’s challenges. So let’s hope for the best. We have come this far for a reason.
You’re right. Btw, the letter we received through youSC says the Grad Admissions Office requires at least 10 business days to analyze all documents. Some of us had less than 8. So there is definitely something wrong there hahaha

You’re right. Btw, the letter we received through youSC says the Grad Admissions Office requires at least 10 business days to analyze all documents. Some of us had less than 8. So there is definitely something wrong there hahaha
Exactly, the office of Graduate Admissions is operating independent from other schools like SCA that we applied to. They process the documents but the deadlines are set independently by each school. Again, it shouldn’t be a big deal. We should try to hand them in as quickly as we can, however. But, please keep me apprised if you hear from them about your extension and I will if I do as well. And hopefully we’ll see in class!

Exactly, the office of Graduate Admissions is operating independent from other schools like SCA that we applied to. They process the documents but the deadlines are set independently by each school. Again, it shouldn’t be a big deal. We should try to hand them in as quickly as we can, however. But, please keep me apprised if you hear from them about your extension and I will if I do as well. And hopefully we’ll see in class!
Yes! I will call them tomorrow again to discuss that extension and then I’ll tell you what I hear!

What about you? btw, I strongly recommend you to call them if you can! they got my name, phone number and 10-digit ID and promised they will look into it very soon. if you tell them you’re having the same issues, maybe they’ll notice something is wrong with the deadline

Hi, just seeing this. I am still waiting to get a written confirmation as well. Hopefully it is ok. Keep me posted please. Thanks.
okay! I am sorry about the delay, I was working on some things and got distracted. I called them again 5 minutes before their closing time and finally they put me on the line with someone who had the power to do something for me. she said it should be fine, they will be receiving those answers until Nov 16th I guess, but it would be ideal if I uploaded those documents before the deadline. I guess the next ten days will be restricted to approving the material...?

So, if you’re not going to be able to upload it all until the deadline (aka today) I strongly recommend you to call them and explain your situation on the phone. Emails always take a while to be responded and unfortunately time is against us right now. Hope everything works out for you, keep me posted!

okay! I am sorry about the delay, I was working on some things and got distracted. I called them again 5 minutes before their closing time and finally they put me on the line with someone who had the power to do something for me. she said it should be fine, they will be receiving those answers until Nov 16th I guess, but it would be ideal if I uploaded those documents before the deadline. I guess the next ten days will be restricted to approving the material...?

So, if you’re not going to be able to upload it all until the deadline (aka today) I strongly recommend you to call them and explain your situation on the phone. Emails always take a while to be responded and unfortunately time is against us right now. Hope everything works out for you, keep me posted!
Thanks a lot. I was also also insistent and I called them and I was put through to a lady who said it’s fine to submit next week at my requested date so I guess we are good. Some sigh of relief eh? Lol. Thanks for the information and concern. Do keep me posted when you hand yours in. Cheers.

I got a mail hours ago that said I have been admitted!!!
I was originally on the waitlist, I am so happy now??????
Congrats! Be sure to add your application to the tracker:

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back