USC School of Cinematic Arts MFA Screenwriting Fall 2020

sarahkwUT

Supporting Member
I submitted Friday evening and was pretty cool/relieved and took the weekend "off" before I finish my last 3 applications. Woke up this morning and was immediately frustrated by the fact that I've got to wait a lifetime to hear anything, ha. True Enneagram 3 right here - I need answers now.

Also, to whomever said this application was a bear - YES. My other schools don't feel nearly this daunting.

I also don't understand the application fees, but I felt the same way when I was applying to undergrad forever ago. Ah well. It's paid and sent.

ams2020

SOS! I submitted the first 8 pages (my teaser) for the creative sample. I went back to look on sideroom just now and saw my title page explaining the context didn't attach. Should I try emailing them? Is this the end of the world? It kind of works as a contained narrative but I can't believe I made such a dumb mistake. I'm freaking out a bit.

sarahkwUT

Supporting Member
Truth. One of my best friends is applying to grad school in a very different field at the University of Virginia. Submitted her application last Wednesday, had her interview this Monday, will know most likely by week's end. I might hate her a little.

studio54

Supporting Member
Truth. One of my best friends is applying to grad school in a very different field at the University of Virginia. Submitted her application last Wednesday, had her interview this Monday, will know most likely by week's end. I might hate her a little.
Seriously! Multiple friends have asked me if I've heard back yet and while they're all well intentioned, it's definitely not helping my anxiety.

j18

Guys, I've done something really dumb. I'm international, and I thought my GPA was 3.3, but it's 3.4 actually. Is that a big difference? Because I've been applying with my 3.3 GPA so far lol (btw, I blame my astrological chart for that) hahaha

fehab77

Supporting Member
Guys, I've done something really dumb. I'm international, and I thought my GPA was 3.3, but it's 3.4 actually. Is that a big difference? Because I've been applying with my 3.3 GPA so far lol (btw, I blame my astrological chart for that) hahaha
They'll be able to check the GPA on your transcript, so I don't think you have a lot to worry about. I'd definitely call the grad programs and alert them.

j18

They'll be able to check the GPA on your transcript, so I don't think you have a lot to worry about. I'd definitely call the grad programs and alert them.
I'm Brazilian, so I don't have my GPA on my transcript :\ I thought about it a lot, and I think it's a small difference and I'm overthinking lol They're probably super busy, I don't want to be the student that bothered them because of a 0.1 difference :(
I'll be fine (or at least I hope so) 💜 hahaha

Latest Applications

Latest reviews