USC School of Cinematic Arts SCA MFA Film & TV Production Fall 2020

addik

Lifetime Supporter
Okay, now I think I got the headline right. Anyone know if this story applies to SCA?

Last email I got from admissions is that they were gearing towards hybrid classes--so similar to what the general USC plan is. The university is letting graduate programs choose how to go about with Fall 2020, but they are allowing on-campus classes. We haven't heard an official word from SCA so far.

And yes, haha! This is the correct headline!

Frankie Bones

Staff member
Supporter
Last email I got from admissions is that they were gearing towards hybrid classes--so similar to what the general USC plan is. The university is letting graduate programs choose how to go about with Fall 2020, but they are allowing on-campus classes. We haven't heard an official word from SCA so far.

And yes, haha! This is the correct headline!

thanks for the info! Did they happen to provide any more detail on what “hybrid” classes means? And how it would work in the context of production courses?

also, do you know if the 6 foot distancing rule would apply to in-person classes? That could make things “interesting” 😂

addik

Lifetime Supporter
thanks for the info! Did they happen to provide any more detail on what “hybrid” classes means? And how it would work in the context of production courses?

also, do you know if the 6 foot distancing rule would apply to in-person classes? That could make things “interesting” 😂

I guess it's possible? hahaa

Basically, I think they mean that some classes will be online, but there is an option to meet in-person if that class requires it. I assume for production, most of the classes will be taught in-person (assuming the campus won't shut down again), but there will be classes spent online instead.

As for theory classes, I can see those going fully online.

No word on housing yet, by the way, and I did send them an email a few days ago.

truffleshuffle

Has anybody from the waitlist received the offer for the fall 2020 semester?
I know at least a couple of folks who have been admitted off of the waitlist. I also know of one international student who said she was told that the deadline for international students to be admitted from the waitlist had passed, which actually worked out for her because she preferred to come in the Spring now in light of everything going online.

sa96

I know at least a couple of folks who have been admitted off of the waitlist. I also know of one international student who said she was told that the deadline for international students to be admitted from the waitlist had passed, which actually worked out for her because she preferred to come in the Spring now in light of everything going online.
Have they mentioned anything about the spring semester being online to you guys?

I was taken off the waitlist today after they confirmed that I was still prepared to join the Fall 2020 cohort on Friday. Kinda freaked because classes started today and I have to get registered and such. Anyone else get off the waitlist?

Frankie Bones

Staff member
Supporter
Hi! I got taken off the waitlist late last month and admittedly I was worried about the lack of notice (but nothing quite like your situation). Luckily, not having to move helped a lot, and despite my overall trepidation, it seems to be pretty manageable. The admin and faculty also seem to be very aware of just how difficult, or at least unusual, the situation is. I’d say, go for it! Plus, my selfish reason for wanting you to say yes is that it would be great to have another person from NYC in the cohort - and yes, there are indeed a few of us. Welcome!

I was taken off the waitlist today after they confirmed that I was still prepared to join the Fall 2020 cohort on Friday. Kinda freaked because classes started today and I have to get registered and such. Anyone else get off the waitlist?
I was taken off the waitlist Tuesday night!! I'm so excited but so nervous about falling behind. I am taking my first class today. I'm in the NYC area too!

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
I was taken off the waitlist Tuesday night!! I'm so excited but so nervous about falling behind. I am taking my first class today. I'm in the NYC area too!
There's also a USC badge and a private USC forum on the site if you're interested in supporting the site and joining that. PM if you're interested.

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews