USC School of Cinematic Arts SCA MFA Film & TV Production Fall 2020

Has anyone gotten their results yet? I'm guessing we'll get it next week and not this week. In any case, crossing my fingers and wishing everyone luck here!

Thank you very much to addik, truffleshuffle and itsnoteasybeinggreen! Definitely helped ease my mind ;) I'm not from the States so I didn't know that thank you note courtesy until recently and it kinda bothered me.

I was interviewed by Professor Kellman. As far as I remember, he asked me the following questions:
1) Some questions about my video submission (Why did I make the film, etc.) and my PS
2) What is something about you that people usually don't notice when they first see you?
3) Did you meet any challenge when collaborating with others? How did you deal with it?
4) What do you see yourself doing 5 years after graduating from the program?

I think there might be a one or two more questions, but that's all I can recall now. The interview went for about 15 minutes and the professor was very nice and friendly. He seemed to know my application very well. I somehow missed his email initially (which was put into my junk folder) and my Internet was not working well, so I was super-nervous and I wouldn't say it was the best interview I've ever had. But I did do my best.

About the waiting process, I think all we can do is to wait patiently. As long as we really tried, there should be no regrets. Best of luck to all of us!

Last edited:
Thank you very much to addik, truffleshuffle and itsnoteasybeinggreen! Definitely helped ease my mind ;) I'm not from the States so I didn't know that thank you note courtesy until recently and it kinda bothered me.

Same here! I'm not from the US and I don't remember thank-you letters being the norm here even when it comes to job interviews with HR, so it was a shock to see others mentioning it! But, yeah, we're definitely fine I think :)

About the waiting process, I think all we can do is to wait patiently. As long as we really tried, there should be no regrets. Best of luck to all of us!

Yeah, at this point, I'm pretty happy with what I've done and stressing out about what else I could have done would be very unproductive. I'm just hoping to get word from the program soon so that's one less thing on my mind (one less BIG thing), and I can already start making plans beyond the possibility of moving to LA if I don't get accepted (and, honestly, this is pretty much a big reason why I'm just itching to hear for results, so that I get to start that process of moving if ever I get accepted to USC and decide to go there, still a big IF though)

Last edited by a moderator:
Never got an interview but still keeping my fingers crossed! Who else here is in the same boat? :)
I'm in the same boat! Did not get an interview, but I'm very confident about all my application materials. When I had my interview with LMU, the interviewers said they loved my film, so I succeeded with my portfolio at the very least! 😅

Last edited:
Same here! I'm not from the US and I don't remember thank-you letters being the norm here even when it comes to job interviews with HR, so it was a shock to see others mentioning it! But, yeah, we're definitely fine I think :)

Yeah, at this point, I'm pretty happy with what I've done and stressing out about what else I could have done would be very unproductive. I'm just hoping to get word from the program soon so that's one less thing on my mind (one less BIG thing), and I can already start making plans beyond the possibility of moving to LA if I don't get accepted (and, honestly, this is pretty much a big reason why I'm just itching to hear for results, so that I get to start that process of moving if ever I get accepted to USC and decide to go there, still a big IF though)
I definitely feel you there. Moving (especially when you're international) needs so much planning! I hope you'll get the chance to move to LA and we hear from them soon:)

me too, no interview, hope for the best to everyone.
Looking at your applications on here (sorry for stalking a ha ha! 😅) I think you have an excellent chance! It looks like you were waitlisted after interview the last time you applied correct? They were probably able to tell they wanted to admit you this semester. Just speculation but always stay positive!

Hey guys
Has anyone tried to contact the faculty to ask about the approximate week of the result? Like the end of Feb or next week?
It seems like they won’t directly answer our question, cause they already have tons of works, but still, eagerly want some update😭

All of us to USC right now...
giphy.gif

Hey guys
Has anyone tried to contact the faculty to ask about the approximate week of the result? Like the end of Feb or next week?
It seems like they won’t directly answer our question, cause they already have tons of works, but still, eagerly want some update😭

Haha I'm also tempted to contact them! But yeah, after what USC Alumni/Faculty Member said about how admissions work, I doubt they also know when exactly they'd get to release the results, so we really have no choice but to suffer haha

@USCSCAAlumni/Faculty I don’t know if you are still answering questions but if you are, I just had one pop into my head! Do members of the admissions committee also watch applicants’ visual samples or are they only seen by faculty reviewers? (Also, no worries if you aren’t allowed to comment on this!)

Last edited:
We had a great interview with @USCSCAAlumni/Faculty last night! Thank you again so much for doing it. It was very inspiring and it should be very helpful to everyone.

No promises as to when the article will come out but we'll get it done as soon as we can.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back