USC School of Cinematic Arts - Stark Producing Program 2020

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
Just got the call!! So excited!! Good luck to everyone 😄😄
I just got off the phone with Michael! I’m in!
Woohoo! Congrats! That's awesome. :) To get the USC badge and access to the private USC forum see this thread here:

Screenshot 2020-03-01 at 11.03.22 PM (1).png

KeenanDK

Dang! Congrats, y'all!

KeenanDK

tenor.gif

KeenanDK

I was waitlisted too. Oof...not what I was hoping for, but we will see. Fingers crossed for both of us.

dmaria

I think I'm the first to post this but...
I got my first rejection email :(
Not totally surprised, never received an interview, kept checking the status on the liason website.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
I think I'm the first to post this but...
I got my first rejection email :(
Not totally surprised, never received an interview, kept checking the status on the liason website.
Sorry to hear. Although please check out our Interview with USC Admissions for advice for the next time:

How to get Into USC Film School: An Interview With an SCA Admissions Committee Member

How to get Into USC Film School: An Interview With an SCA Admissions Committee Member

Considered by many to be the best film school in the world, it’s no wonder why the USC School of Cinematic Arts (SCA) is so sought after by prospective undergraduate and graduate students alike. However, the film school’s prestige can often make the application process particularly stressful and...

Jwhite62

Hello Congratulations to everyone who was accepted this year!

I was not accepted this year, however I'm quite young- I like to think (I'm 24) and I'm considering applying in another year or two. Obviously Stark does not provide feedback for applications so I was wondering if folks who were accepted wouldn't mind sharing there resume or pieces of there application (essay, references, etc.) with me so that when I do apply in the future I have a better understanding of how to proceed.

I understand if that might be too ... personal/revealing so also I wouldn't mind hopping on a call with anyone willing to discuss- or just someone who has general good advice.

Thanks! Stay Safe!

Montalvo78

Hello Congratulations to everyone who was accepted this year!

I was not accepted this year, however I'm quite young- I like to think (I'm 24) and I'm considering applying in another year or two. Obviously Stark does not provide feedback for applications so I was wondering if folks who were accepted wouldn't mind sharing there resume or pieces of there application (essay, references, etc.) with me so that when I do apply in the future I have a better understanding of how to proceed.

I understand if that might be too ... personal/revealing so also I wouldn't mind hopping on a call with anyone willing to discuss- or just someone who has general good advice.

Thanks! Stay Safe!
Down to share my stuff or hop on the phone— whatever would be most helpful to you!

songbird013

Is anyone else in here still deciding whether or not to attend? I wanted to talk to someone still working through their decision since the deadline is coming up next week.

Latest Classifieds

Featured Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Chicago - Department of Cinema and Media Studies
    5.00 star(s)
    In my opinion, the University of Chicago's Cinema & Media Studies program is one of the most outstanding and underrated programs out there. I...
    • jn0pe
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    I went to Emerson for my undergrad for VMA (Visual media arts, just generally the film program) and...it was a lot of fun, I certainly learned...
    • julia1
  • Temple University - School of Theater, Film and Media Arts
    4.00 star(s)
    I graduated in 2013 and know several recent graduates ( 2017-2019 classes) as well. My personal and their related experiences are the basis for...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Rochester - Film and Media Studies Program
    5.00 star(s)
    I graduated from UofR with a double major in Film and Media Studies and Economics. My experiences at Rochester really shaped my filmmaking career...
    • dkimg21