USC School of Cinematic Arts Undergraduate Film & TV Production Fall 2020

justin

I'm listing every single project I've done over the photo, film, and art courses I've taken at my high school for my creative portfolio. Is this recommended or should I just list only the "important" projects?

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
I'm listing every single project I've done over the photo, film, and art courses I've taken at my high school for my creative portfolio. Is this recommended or should I just list only the "important" projects?
I'd just list anything that is your favorite and anything that you'd show them without hesitation.

oliviaaa

Supporting Member
For mine, I only listed projects that I was super happy with/proud of. Also, anything that was published/recognized got bumped up for mine because I felt like it showed one, that I was putting out my work and two, that it was good. I also listed stuff I've done on my own outside of school so don't limit yourself to just school projects!

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
@USCSCAAlumni/Faculty has generously agreed to be interview by FilmSchool.org for an article sometime next week.

Do you have any questions that you would like us to ask them? Post your questions in this thread:

Thanks everyone!

We're looking to finalize out list of questions by Monday.

thx2048

If you don't get an interview with SCA, does that mean you have no chance of being accepted, or simply that they wanted to interview a given person and didn't feel the need to interview others? Reason for asking is we know someone who got an interview, and my daughter has not received an interview request.

sguilford

If you don't get an interview with SCA, does that mean you have no chance of being accepted, or simply that they wanted to interview a given person and didn't feel the need to interview others? Reason for asking is we know someone who got an interview, and my daughter has not received an interview request.
Is this for graduate or undergraduate? I ask because I'm currently stressing out about graduate application results, but this is the undergrad thread. In case you're looking for the graduate, that's here: USC School of Cinematic Arts SCA MFA Film & TV Production Fall 2020

Also, if this helps at all, an SCA faculty in the graduate thread said that interviews do no indicate preference whatsoever. They only schedule interviews because they want to ask the applicant some questions. I too, did not interview, but I am really, really confident in my application materials and everyone I've shared them with/knows my work is confident that I gave a compelling application. So worry not! People on this forum have been accepted without interview.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
How to get Into USC Film School: An Interview With an SCA Admissions Committee Member

How to get Into USC Film School: An Interview With an SCA Admissions Committee Member

Considered by many to be the best film school in the world, it’s no wonder why the USC School of Cinematic Arts (SCA) is so sought after by prospective undergraduate and graduate students alike. However, the film school’s prestige can often make the application process particularly stressful and...

:)

Latest Applications

Latest reviews