USC School of Cinmeatic Arts - Stark Proudcing Program 2021 (1 Viewer)

JHD

I was under that impression too, at least based upon what this site indicates
The site doesn’t explicitly state that an interview is required for admission, it states that invitations to interviews will go out through January. It’s kind of ambiguous and could be interpreted a couple ways.

Cody Young

Tattoo/Film Enthusiast
The site doesn’t explicitly state that an interview is required for admission, it states that invitations to interviews will go out through January. It’s kind of ambiguous and could be interpreted a couple ways.
Agreed definitely! I just mean in digging through previous years it seems like most of the people admitted had been accepted after completing an interview and there were not any deviations from that for this specific program. That being said, I know for other programs and based upon the article on this site, interviews are not necessarily required for the School of Cinematic Arts MFA programs as a whole. I hope for our sake that interviews aren’t necessary, but based upon the data available it definitely leans toward interviews.

JHD

Agreed definitely! I just mean in digging through previous years it seems like most of the people admitted had been accepted after completing an interview and there were not any deviations from that for this specific program. That being said, I know for other programs and based upon the article on this site, interviews are not necessarily required for the School of Cinematic Arts MFA programs as a whole. I hope for our sake that interviews aren’t necessary, but based upon the data available it definitely leans toward interviews.
I feel, I feel. The anxiety is finally starting to sink in. It's taking everything in me not to check my email compulsively *sighs* I guess we'll find out soon enough.

commotionsense

Thanks for sharing! I was wondering if COVID might have impacted the timeline for interviews/acceptances at all. I guess not based on what everyone’s saying? Who knows... I’m on the same anxiety train. I hope people are doing things to relieve their stress!! It’s gonna be all ok.

That’s awesome! Did they happen to mention whether an interview was necessary for acceptance? My apologies for asking so many questions
No problem ask away. For the Stark Program an interview is a requirement. They did say that they have a full month of interviews ahead of them so Im sure notifications are still going out. I assume I was one of the first to be interviewed and would assume that based on my interview notification of one week out that you can safely assume notifications will be going out on a rolling basis all month long.

JHD

No problem ask away. For the Stark Program an interview is a requirement. They did say that they have a full month of interviews ahead of them so Im sure notifications are still going out. I assume I was one of the first to be interviewed and would assume that based on my interview notification of one week out that you can safely assume notifications will be going out on a rolling basis all month long.
Thank you so much for the information! I was getting a little worried but there is still hope! So happy for you that you got an interview! Wishing good luck to everyone in this thread!

cthomas0502

I still haven't heard anything either. I know it's hard sometimes too but KEEP THE FAITH!!! Wishing everyone on this thread much success regardless of admission into the program! :)

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Student Films Made at Film Programs

A248
Views
Reaction score
One man's mission to document and preserve the history and pop culture of the San Fernando Valley in Southern California. Tommy Gelinas was born and raised in the San Fernando Valley in Southern California. He grew up visiting restaurants, malls, and many other venues that slowly declined and...
Film Program
Loyola Marymount University
Course
PROD 600
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Documentary
Duration/Running Time
13:52
Film Completion
Dec 1, 2020
A248
Views
Reaction score
In the midst of a global pandemic, a very paranoid vampire orders contactless food delivery.
Film Program
Course
PROD 685
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Comedy
Duration/Running Time
1:24
Film Completion
Aug 1, 2020
A248
Views
Reaction score
An exploration of the history and modern day importance of postcards.
Film Program
Course
PROD 670
Film Type
Thesis Film
Genre
Documentary
Duration/Running Time
17:31
Film Completion
May 1, 2021

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications