USC School of Cinmeatic Arts - Stark Proudcing Program 2021

bean

Interviewed last week. I'm not the best at interviewing but hopefully it went well enough to work. Best of luck everyone!

mooring

Hi all,

Just finished my interview. I agree with what was said above, it was a tough one. I also wanted to say thank you to everyone for being so supportive and well-spirited in this discussion, even if the interview process did not go your way. Best of luck to everyone :)

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Hi all,

Just finished my interview. I agree with what was said above, it was a tough one. I also wanted to say thank you to everyone for being so supportive and well-spirited in this discussion, even if the interview process did not go your way. Best of luck to everyone :)
I'm sure it went better than you thought. What made it tough?

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
I guess I just hope I was able to holistically present myself and my passion for film in the course of 20 minutes!
Did they say when people would hear if they got in?

Be sure to update your application with how it went etc and change the status prefix if you have already.

J.Thibeaux

Hey, what’s going on everyone? New to this forum. I also interviewed this past week and am hopeful for a good response. While I gave answers that came top of mind, I agree with most and hope that they provided a glimpse of who I am. My interview lasted ~30 minutes including my questions.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Hey, what’s going on everyone? New to this forum. I also interviewed this past week and am hopeful for a good response. While I gave answers that came top of mind, I agree with most and hope that they provided a glimpse of who I am. My interview lasted ~30 minutes including my questions.
Welcome! When you can, please add your application with as much info as possible to our database:

The more applications in our database the more accurate our site's data will be. :)

Good luck!

JHD

So other USC programs have already begun releasing decisions, and since this is the last week for interviews I wonder if maybe some applicants will start hearing next week?

JHD

I’ve been thinking about this, and I feel like they could’ve started sending out rejection letters already (particularly to those who never got an interview) just to assuage some of the anxiety. I’m curious to know how they decide when to let people know and why this particular program seems to be later than the other MFAs. Obviously the class size is small and the program itself is quite highly regarded so making these choices must be incredibly difficult. I’m just fascinated by the process, I’ve kind of been fixating on it since there isn’t too much else going on at the moment for me and I can barely go a minute without the Stark name crossing my mind😅

jsq2103

Supporter+
I got in as well! I want to reiterate not to lose hope and that there are other great programs out there to support with a producing career. I am part of communities like Women of Color Unite, Breaking into Hollywood, and the #StartWith8Hollywood mentorship program, where I got matched with two entertainment executives.

Women of Color Unite

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Data, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience data, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Data tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Brooklyn College (CUNY) Feirstein - MFA in Cinematography
    1.00 star(s)
    A Mess
    It took me a while to write this review but when I saw there were none from current students I felt it was important to do so. I came to Feirstein...
    • Anonymous
  • NYU - Tisch Undergraduate Film & Television
    5.00 star(s)
    I had a great time here but that was back in the late 90s
    I loved NYU. I was a pre-med student who transferred in 1999 and graduated 2001. I received two scholarships, multiple grants and loans. They had...
    • anniewaits
  • Boston University - College of Communication (M.F.A. Screenwriting)
    4.00 star(s)
    Screenwriting Program Review by a Second Year Student
    Current student in the screenwriting MFA program at BU. There’s a lot to love in this program, I think overall it is one of the more underrated...
    • Cody Young
  • Hofstra University - Department of Radio, Television, Film
    5.00 star(s)
    Quality Facilities, Caring Professors
    Great school that prepares you for the New York film and television scene. The facilities are state of the art and the teachers are top notch.
    • joekgilberto
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Go if you have a sizable scholarship
    Ultimately glad I went, but my overall experience at Emerson felt very lackluster. The courses were good, but nothing really worth sinking almost...
    • Anonymous

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications