USC School of Cinematic Arts - Stark Proudcing Program 2021

I was under that impression too, at least based upon what this site indicates
The site doesn’t explicitly state that an interview is required for admission, it states that invitations to interviews will go out through January. It’s kind of ambiguous and could be interpreted a couple ways.

The site doesn’t explicitly state that an interview is required for admission, it states that invitations to interviews will go out through January. It’s kind of ambiguous and could be interpreted a couple ways.
Agreed definitely! I just mean in digging through previous years it seems like most of the people admitted had been accepted after completing an interview and there were not any deviations from that for this specific program. That being said, I know for other programs and based upon the article on this site, interviews are not necessarily required for the School of Cinematic Arts MFA programs as a whole. I hope for our sake that interviews aren’t necessary, but based upon the data available it definitely leans toward interviews.

Agreed definitely! I just mean in digging through previous years it seems like most of the people admitted had been accepted after completing an interview and there were not any deviations from that for this specific program. That being said, I know for other programs and based upon the article on this site, interviews are not necessarily required for the School of Cinematic Arts MFA programs as a whole. I hope for our sake that interviews aren’t necessary, but based upon the data available it definitely leans toward interviews.
I feel, I feel. The anxiety is finally starting to sink in. It's taking everything in me not to check my email compulsively *sighs* I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Thanks for sharing! I was wondering if COVID might have impacted the timeline for interviews/acceptances at all. I guess not based on what everyone’s saying? Who knows... I’m on the same anxiety train. I hope people are doing things to relieve their stress!! It’s gonna be all ok.

That’s awesome! Did they happen to mention whether an interview was necessary for acceptance? My apologies for asking so many questions
No problem ask away. For the Stark Program an interview is a requirement. They did say that they have a full month of interviews ahead of them so Im sure notifications are still going out. I assume I was one of the first to be interviewed and would assume that based on my interview notification of one week out that you can safely assume notifications will be going out on a rolling basis all month long.

No problem ask away. For the Stark Program an interview is a requirement. They did say that they have a full month of interviews ahead of them so Im sure notifications are still going out. I assume I was one of the first to be interviewed and would assume that based on my interview notification of one week out that you can safely assume notifications will be going out on a rolling basis all month long.
Thank you so much for the information! I was getting a little worried but there is still hope! So happy for you that you got an interview! Wishing good luck to everyone in this thread!

I still haven't heard anything either. I know it's hard sometimes too but KEEP THE FAITH!!! Wishing everyone on this thread much success regardless of admission into the program! :)

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back