USC Screenwriting MFA Fall 2017 (Acceptance, Rejection, Etc.) (1 Viewer)

icygee

#JusticeForKatya #JusticeForBeyoncé
tumblr_m2ztwdxrLb1rtuebfo1_500.gif

And here we have a live look on me repeatedly refreshing Gmail with my big ass forehead.

Congrats to you though @byisis!!

Septopus7

Writer
Staff member
FilmSchool.org Writer
Supporter+
Congrats @byisis! On the one hand, super gratified about the fact that I was right about when the acceptance letters would start going out. On the other, distressed that I didn't find out through an email of my own...

tumblr_mt07gfXIce1sgl0ajo1_500.gif

WizardsBrew

Yo. I just wanted to let everyone know that it's been a real pleasure getting to share stories and experiences through this site, and I know some of us may feel a little dejected after not getting the same wonderful news that byisis got today (congrats again, byisis) but, it ain't over 'til it's over. I've tried repurposing the anxiety of not hearing today on some editing. Hopefully you're all finding ways to keep your heads up and stay focused on the real goals of screenwriting during this state of limbo. Sending you grace from NYC.

Comedynerd

Yo. I just wanted to let everyone know that it's been a real pleasure getting to share stories and experiences through this site, and I know some of us may feel a little dejected after not getting the same wonderful news that byisis got today (congrats again, byisis) but, it ain't over 'til it's over. I've tried repurposing the anxiety of not hearing today on some editing. Hopefully you're all finding ways to keep your heads up and stay focused on the real goals of screenwriting during this state of limbo. Sending you grace from NYC.

Thanks for the encouragement @WizardsBrew! I think we all needed that today. HANG IN THERE, EVERYONE. :)

Comedynerd

So no one else heard back today aside from @byisis? That's interesting; usually they release a bunch of acceptances out all at once.
Yeah, seems pretty strange... maybe they'll send more over the weekend? I have too much faith in all you guys to think that no one else on here was accepted!

MFAman

It's my theory that they try to send out admissions/rejections over the weekend so that they don't have to deal with people calling them when they find out their decision. People in 2015 were emailed at 1 AM on a Sunday. I completely forgot how nervous it is waiting. I'm stress eating and stress email refreshing like all of you. I know this is going to sound very "generation-snowflakey" but I hope everyone here gets in. Good luck! I will report if I hear anything.

Iuli Dia

Yeah, seems pretty strange... maybe they'll send more over the weekend? I have too much faith in all you guys to think that no one else on here was accepted!

I've checked my portal and I don't have a letter, either way. I bet at least a few people here will get acceptance letters in the next days.

byisis

I'm an international applicant so don't know if that makes a difference in that maybe we're told first cos we subsequently have to sort out visas and also can't apply for most scholarships etc. But it seems really early and odd to me too...who knows maybe it's a mistake?! I hope not...

Last edited:

Heisenberg91

I'm international applicant so don't know if that makes a difference in that maybe we're told first cos we subsequently have to sort out visas and also can't apply for most scholarships etc. But it seems really early and odd to me too...who knows maybe it's a mistake?! I hope not...

Also international applicant. No word yet.

Septopus7

Writer
Staff member
FilmSchool.org Writer
Supporter+
I'm an international applicant so don't know if that makes a difference in that maybe we're told first cos we subsequently have to sort out visas and also can't apply for most scholarships etc. But it seems really early and odd to me too...who knows maybe it's a mistake?! I hope not...

Oddly, in the last few spreadsheets, the international students that were accepted were notified AFTER the other applicants.

So, basically, who the hell knows? USC admission works in mysterious ways, I guess...

Kira

MFA TV Writer @UCLA
Staff member
FilmSchool.org Writer
Miraculously, I was accepted to the USC MFA in Writing for Film and Television program.

An email that arrived at 3:15 told me to check my You USC portal.

byisis

Miraculously, I was accepted to the USC MFA in Writing for Film and Television program.

An email that arrived at 3:15 told me to check my You USC portal.
Fantastic! Well done.
Good luck to everyone else also checking their emails then!

Kira

MFA TV Writer @UCLA
Staff member
FilmSchool.org Writer
Fantastic! Well done.
Good luck to everyone else also checking their emails then!
Thanks so much!

Good luck everyone! I have faith in you guys :)

Also - I am in Texas and not international.

Comedynerd

Hey all,

I also was accepted in a 3:15 email that told me to check the portal!

Fingers crossed for everyone :)

MFAman

This all sounds about right. Nothing for me. I've already started looking at LSAT registration dates. Congrats to those accepted!

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Student Films Made at Film Programs

Colella612
Updated
3.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reaction score
Reviews
Questions
After the light bulb on her film projector burns out, an elderly woman must confront a nightmarish world as well as the trauma of her past as she seeks to find a replacement before her memories are lost forever.
Film Program
Loyola Marymount University
Course
Directing Short Film II: Visual Story
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Drama
Duration/Running Time
5:58
Film Completion
May 3, 2021
A248
Views
Reaction score
An artist invites an especially harsh critic to her studio for an exclusive preview of her latest work.
Film Program
Course
PROD 550
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Horror
Duration/Running Time
6:01
Film Completion
May 1, 2019
A248
Views
Reaction score
One man's mission to document and preserve the history and pop culture of the San Fernando Valley in Southern California. Tommy Gelinas was born and raised in the San Fernando Valley in Southern California. He grew up visiting restaurants, malls, and many other venues that slowly declined and...
Film Program
Course
PROD 600
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Documentary
Duration/Running Time
13:52
Film Completion
Dec 1, 2020

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications