USC Screenwriting MFA - Fall 2019

addik

Well, I haven't received anything still, but like I said in the Film Production thread, around the time people were getting their waitlisted letters, I got an email from USC telling me to reupload smaller versions of my transcript because they had problems opening it. I hope that's a good sign (I mean, it'd be cruel to put me through the very minor inconvenience of splitting my pdf files into parts only to reject me), but I can't say for sure :/

Hope everyone is holding up well. We'll get our answers soon enough!

Dear USC,

Why are you requesting additional info for financial aid if I don't even have an acceptance lettterrrrrr? Why you doing this to me, USC?

Respectfully,

I Got My Hope Up For 30 Seconds Then It All Came Crashing Down
I got an email like this a week and a half ago, but we’re pretty sure it’s because I submitted my fafsa.

amlena

Storyteller
I got an email like this a week and a half ago, but we’re pretty sure it’s because I submitted my fafsa.
Yeah, I'm guessing it goes out to everyone once their FAFSA processes. Ah well.

Operator

Yeah, I'm guessing it goes out to everyone once their FAFSA processes. Ah well.
Yea they did that to me a couple months ago.

amlena

Storyteller
Remember when we were all dreaming we got acceptances?

Well last night I had a dream that I got my rejection, and not only did I get a rejection, but I got a rubric showing how all the readers graded my application... and they RIPPED into it. Yay stress dreams.

Cdemon

Well last night I had a dream that I got my rejection, and not only did I get a rejection, but I got a rubric showing how all the readers graded my application... and they RIPPED into it. Yay stress dreams.
Aw simpler times.
At least they gave you feedback! Lmao that’s more than we can hope for in real life.
A letter soon would be good. :/ bleh.

Operator

Wow...at least you got feedback! I didn't know schools did that.

Operator

I miss read that! hahah

Cd23

FYI, USC hasn't processed my financial aid info and when I sent them an update to my application last week, after the form letter reply, they sent another email thanking me (yesterday) so I doubt they've made all their decisions yet.
Bruh

Cd23

FYI, USC hasn't processed my financial aid info and when I sent them an update to my application last week, after the form letter reply, they sent another email thanking me (yesterday) so I doubt they've made all their decisions yet.
That is honestly really hard to wrap my head around when people were told over the phone decisions would be sent out basically up to the 15th.

JEC

That is honestly really hard to wrap my head around when people were told over the phone decisions would be sent out basically up to the 15th.
Yeah, I obviously can't say for certain and they may just be polite but it wasn't a form response so somebody's still at the wheel looking at incoming emails from applicants.

Cd23

Yeah, I obviously can't say for certain and they may just be polite but it wasn't a form response so somebody's still at the wheel looking at incoming emails from applicants.
At any rate it it’s something! Lol

Reactions: JEC

Operator

I'll expect my rejection email when I wake up. lol

Oh USC.

I think something went wrong with my app again like last year and I don't even get a rejection. IS OKAY I'm excited for the schools that do want me. Hope everyone gets to go somewhere this year and begin pursuing their dreams!!! Many routes gals and boys. Best wishes!
You've got some great options, which is amazing! Hopefully wherever you pick is the perfect match for you. Also, love the new hair!

Operator

Oh USC.

I think something went wrong with my app again like last year and I don't even get a rejection. IS OKAY I'm excited for the schools that do want me. Hope everyone gets to go somewhere this year and begin pursuing their dreams!!! Many routes gals and boys. Best wishes!
It's weird how they do that. The last two years I applied to the Producers Program, and I got confirmation that everything was submitted properly, but they never even sent me a rejection letter.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews