I haven't heard a damn thing but looking at this thread doesn't help me with my chances lolol. I got rejected from Stark already :( but it's okay I still have UCLA and NYU to hear from!

So I had lowkey hope up until now, that I'd get in. But just realized it's all gone when I felt my heart break rn. Can we create some playlists for this kinda hurt?

Same as usual. It loads for a split second, says there's nothing, then goes blank. The cynic in me says it's still down because they're uploading all the rejection letters.

in other news, if you want to feel better about ur rejection like i do i suggest reading the comments under lori loughlin’s posts and her daughters on instagram this indictment really made my morning hahahaha we love karma

Well partially good news...USC admission office said I met all the admissions requirements, so my application was sent to SCA for their decision. SCA said all the decision will be out by some time next week.

I'm really curious if the financial aid page for the people already accepted says something other than "in review" ...
in other news, if you want to feel better about ur rejection like i do i suggest reading the comments under lori loughlin’s posts and her daughters on instagram this indictment really made my morning hahahaha we love karma
How crazy is that?? Like why don't we all just pay the rowing coach a million dollars -- then we're in.

Well partially good news...USC admission office said I met all the admissions requirements, so my application was sent to SCA for their decision. SCA said all the decision will be out by some time next week.
Did you call them or how did you find this out? (I wasn’t questioning it but now I’m curious).

Also my portal has now loaded without disappearing once and there was nothing there. So maybe tomorrow is “rejection day.”

Did you call them or how did you find this out? (I wasn’t questioning it but now I’m curious).

Also my portal has now loaded without disappearing once and there was nothing there. So maybe tomorrow is “rejection day.”

That could definitely be the case, or the maintenance just took longer and we all wait for another couple weeks lol

yes I called the main USC admissions office and that's what they told me regarding the process...it's goes to USC first to see if you even meet their admissions requirements, then to SCA for their review.

The requirements are the basics like GPA and such, right?
Yes....which makes me wonder about their rumors of having a very strict GPA requirements from USC itself. I did horrible at an online college 1.9GPA and a 2.5 for my associates degree, then a 3.78 for my bachelors. But when you combine all them together, it's still very average and yet I still met the requirements according to them. Then again there is a pattern of progress. Maybe they took that into consideration.

Yes....which makes me wonder about their rumors of having a very strict GPA requirements from USC itself. I did horrible at an online college 1.9GPA and a 2.5 for my associates degree, then a 3.78 for my bachelors. But when you combine all them together, it's still very average and yet I still met the requirements according to them. Then again there is a pattern of progress. Maybe they took that into consideration.
I think the only GPA that actually matters when applying to any MFA is your bachelors GPA, so with yours you’d be fine and good for most any school. I think the others are requested strictly to know you got the degrees or possibly for a tie-breaker, but in a creative field I don’t think they’d use GPA as the tie-breaker. :)

So i spoke with someone at SCA... they said that ALL decisions will be sent out within 7 days. ALSO that applicants are still being reviewed... ppl who are waitlisted meet certain requirements for the waitlist.

Sounds like they have a particular rubric for each group.

Last edited:
So i spoke with someone at SCA... they said that ALL decisions will be sent out within 7 days. ALSO that applicants are still being reviewed... ppl who are waitlisted meet certain requirements for the waitlist.

Sounds like they have a particular rubric for each group.
So strange that some are waitlisted before they find all accepted people, but great! Hopefully more of us will get in, ppl will be moved to accepted from waitlisted and we can be the SCA FilmSchool(.org) posse.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back