USC Spring 2014 MFA Applicants (Film & TV)

pnrt7

Hello, I received an email that I am waitlisted for the Spring. So I will wait to see if any other seat opens up.
My email said that I will hear from the school when all the decisions are done.
So I will be crossing my fingers to see what happens.

kazedragon

oh the waitlist.....it truly is a nerve racking place. At least before the waitlisting one could go onto camel, type in the things and see if by some miracle things worked. But now? I've done all I could do and must now wait....argh. 0_0

bgardner

Question to all you potential USC students - I'm applying to the Peter Stark Producing Program, and I'm wondering what you know about scholarships? I saw that fridaynight said something about receiving and email with scholarship info, but I haven't gotten anything like that. Anyways, good luck to you all! Perhaps we'll be working collaboratively on some projects in the next few years! :)

bgardner To my understanding, all Cinematic Arts students apply for scholarships for the calendar year, so decisions are made by the start of the Spring semester. We were emailed an application for scholarships sometime after we submitted our applications. Again, it may be different since the producing program only has a fall admission. So the only time you would apply for scholarships would be when you have already been there a semester. My guess is to only expect receiving financial aid info during the application process.

Hope that made sense!

ADM

Did anyone get in? I was placed on the wait list...Limbo my friends limbo...Does anyone know when they reply to those who are wait listed? I know admitted students need to make a decision by Friday, but I'm not sure how long it takes to narrow down the wait list.

ADM

By the way I am new here. Might explain the reason I didn't initially see the other messages that answered the first part of my question. Congrats to everyone who got in.

Have those who were waitlisted hear back from admissions? Deadline for admits to send in their letter of intent to study was due on Nov. 1st.

Also, I believe they sent out notifications to those who received scholarship awards last week.

kazedragon

I don't know about any other waitlisted people, but I haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully they will let us all know sometime this week, but I would imagine that they could be filling up seats all the way up until the start of the semester (with people who commit but end up not actually enrolling).
I will probably be calling them later tonight to ask about applying for the fall term since the deadline for that application is coming up rather soon.

kazedragon

In case anyone doesn't know, I called the admissions office to check about the application for the fall with still being waitlisted. There is actually a special way for this application to be handled that will actually have instructions sent out via email after all decisions have been finalized. The deadline will also be extended.
So, perhaps for now, no news is actually good news fellow limbo-ers.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• International Film Institute of New York
    5.00 star(s)
    The summer intensive film program at Sarah Lawrence was fantastic. We were taught by industry professionals, whom had many years of experience...
    • Ldc88
    5.00 star(s)
    I experienced the most incredible summer at IFI, and I wish I could relive it every day! however, since I cannot , I make do by taking what I...
    • Anonymous
    5.00 star(s)
    I have been engaged with filmmaking since the age of 9 and was searching for a course that could further my knoll which is not always easy to...
    • sgabor
    5.00 star(s)
    The Sarah Lawrence Filmmaker's Collective was the top experience I've had at a summer film program. Start to finish, their top priority was that...
    • sammaggs
    5.00 star(s)
    I went into this camp uncertain of what I wanted to do in college. When I finished the five week intensive program, I knew what I wanted to do for...
    • JacobNurse