I received an email asking me for my proof of financial support since I'm an international student, the deadline is the end of this week so I guess decisions are being made this week.

I know it's only been about a week since my interview, so decisions may or may not have been finalized yet, but still, all this waiting is just killing me. Not to mention I actually had a few dreams about both being accepted and rejected (usually at the same time 0_0 ).
And if I don't get in, then I'll be going through all this again in the spring. o_O

By the way, anyone tried logging into camel yet?

So I have managed to extend my worrying period. I won't be able to get my financial documents/money in time for Spring and without it I can't find out if I'm accepted/rejected so my application is being forward to Fall 2014 instead and will have to be reviewed all over again. So now I'm focusing on my other Fall applications as those deadlines will sneak up soon.

Good luck everyone, and try remain calm...I'm rooting for you guys!

Africana Thanks! I hope everything works out for you! Keep us posted on your status.

I received an email early this morning about completing loan counseling so tuition and fees would be paid on time. I believe this is just standard protocol for anyone who requested loans for the year. I remember I had to do this for my undergrad loans. Anyone else who applied for student loans receive this?

Africana Thanks! I hope everything works out for you! Keep us posted on your status.

I received an email early this morning about completing loan counseling so tuition and fees would be paid on time. I believe this is just standard protocol for anyone who requested loans for the year. I remember I had to do this for my undergrad loans. Anyone else who applied for student loans receive this?

When you say applied for student loans, do you mean applied for FAFSA? I did that, but did not receive that email.

I just logged into camel. but i haven't heard from USC at all. don't want to make any hasty conclusions. maybe Ive waited so long for this that I'm in disbelief.

Good luck to everyone else!

Like Quixotiq I am waiting patiently for the official letter. I don't want to celebrate pre-maturely even though it seems pretty clear. Good luck to everyone!

I'm new here and decided to stop "stalking" the forum and jump in. I too have applied to the spring mfa in film production and am patiently waiting. What is the camel system you guys have been talking about? Is it the same as the "statement of intent" page? Why do you think this means you are in? Just curious your thoughts. Cheers and good luck to everyone!

Hambone It is the "statement of intent" page. The first part of the url is "camel," and that is what previous people have called it (on the other USC forums). It should mean that at the very least you have not been flat out rejected. You could have been wait-listed or accepted. The reason is because they have to authorize your USC ID that they gave you in order to log in. Eventually, all who are accepted will be able to log into that site.

But just because you can't log to the site yet, also does not mean you were flat out rejected. From reading through the other forums, some people who were accepted could not log in until after actually receiving their physical letter. Some were able to after getting an E-mail acceptance. And like here, some were able to before officially hearing anything.
So, while it is not a good indication of you being rejected, it can be an indication that you have not been flat out rejected....I think that sentence makes sense.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back