jcho13

Hey guys,
I'm a lurker here, and I don't really post information or opinions or the like, although the information posted here has been of tremendous help to me.
I was, however, waitlisted for USC's Production MFA for the Fall of 2019 and guaranteed a spot for the Spring of 2020, I believe at least. This has led to a lot of questions and decisions and the like. I was wondering if there were any members who were, or are, in the situation I'm currently in, and if they could relate their experiences at all, especially regarding the admissions process following the waitlist decision, financial aid for spring admits, or any other general information that could be good to know.
Anything helps, and I will love you forever.
Thanks!

I’m currently waitlisted and have an admissions offer to another school so I am in the same boat as you. I have no idea what to do. And am suffering anwhole lot of imposter syndrome going on while trying to decide

jcho13

Does anyone know how the process works? How many are usually accepted off the list and how many go in the spring?

GoAndLoveSomeMore

I (along with other waitlisted students) got contacted recently about the possibility of accepted Fall semester. They said it’s so late in the game that they understand if we can’t and will defer our acceptance to Spring.

JMcCormack

I got a call last Friday telling me I was the next up on the waitlist. They gave me the option of waiting till Spring which I opted for because moving from Missouri to LA in a week with no housing lined up would be pretty difficult. They said I would be getting more official info about the spring semester in a month or so once fall classes start.

TayTay

I seem to remember someone on this forum who was in the same boat as all of us (waited for fall, guaranteed admission for spring), got official word of their Spring 2020 acceptance around late October-November.

Classes have started, so looks like we just wait for that now!

dansomeguy

I seem to remember someone on this forum who was in the same boat as all of us (waited for fall, guaranteed admission for spring), got official word of their Spring 2020 acceptance around late October-November.

Classes have started, so looks like we just wait for that now!
Hi @TayTay I remember you!! Are you in LA already?

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Cal State Northridge (CSUN) - MFA in Screenwriting Program
    3.00 star(s)
    I was accepted to the CSUN MFA program in 2018 and took part in in for a full year; however, I recently decided not to go back and complete the...
    • Anonymous
  • Savannah College of Art and Design (MFA)
    1.00 star(s)
    The school is a complete honeypot, department head Donald.W Moffett has limited film production experience and has not idea how to properly guide...
    • Anonymous
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Emerson opened a lot of doors for me, so I can't dismiss that fact. However, I don't think it was necessary for me to go to Emerson as opposed to...
    • Anonymous
  • NYU - Tisch Kanbar Institute of Film and Television (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    Currently in my third year of my MFA at NYU Tisch Grad Film (writing/directing). I cannot praise this program enough! It exceeded any expectation...
    • Anonymous
  • National Film and Television School (NFTS)
    5.00 star(s)
    I'm currently in my first year of a 2 year MA at the NFTS. I saw these relatively negative reviews about the NFTS before I applied, but I can now...
    • VDW