1. The FilmSchool.org community has been helping people apply to film school since 2002. Log in or Create an Account and get your film school questions answered.
  2. Did you go to film school for undergrad? Please review the school on our Film School review system. (You can review anonymously)
    Dismiss Notice

USC, was it worth it?

Discussion in 'Graduate Film School Discussions' started by Sunmin Inn, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Sunmin Inn

Sunmin Inn New Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Hey Everyone!

I'm currently a soon-to-be USC MFA student in a few months, and crazy enough, I'm still debating on whether or not I should go.

Of course I've heard from people that you don't really need film school, and since I'd been working in animated films I had plenty of resources to study film from my coworkers. The thing is that I've realized I couldn't really focus on film work 100% and most of the time my 9 to 6 job bled into very late nights and weekends giving me no time to study and make films. So I decided to take the film school route so that I could take a chunk of time to focus on film and film only. Another reason why I chose USC is because they teach you from the ground up, which is perfect for someone like me who doesn't have experience in live action film.

My question is for anyone is attending or has attended USC, have you enjoyed your experience there? I've heard so many people only talk about the connections in USC, but not much about the education you receive, the amount of exposure you get etc. I'd love to hear the pros and cons of your experience so far.

Thank you so much for reading through!
    Looking forward to hearing your comments.