UT Austin - Film & Media Production MFA 2020

magg6789

Has no one gotten any updates?
Also...the whole Coronavirus thing is shutting down most higher education institutions in Texas (including my own). Maybe that has to do with their lack of updates?

Jawmmin

Also...the whole Coronavirus thing is shutting down most higher education institutions in Texas (including my own). Maybe that has to do with their lack of updates?
I received acceptance letter 2 weeks ago. I know they don’t tell you if you are waitlisted until April or May.

DylanJ

I still havent heard anything, and I was just saying in the chapman directing thread that the closings will probably delay the admissions process for a while. Hopefully we at least hear something from the schools on how they're approaching the situation. It's such a difficult time to since it's right in the middle and some people have already been accepted/waitlisted while others are waiting or still being reviewed.

triplefour

Got my rejection notice last night. Unfortunate, as this was my top choice, but I'm happy with the opportunities I have been offered and I figure if it was meant to be, it would be.

Jawmmin

Got my rejection notice last night. Unfortunate, as this was my top choice, but I'm happy with the opportunities I have been offered and I figure if it was meant to be, it would be.
I applied in 2018 and was waitlisted and then applied this year and was accepted. I live in Austin and they don’t usually take in locals... so I knew it was a long shot. I was planning on accepting my Chapman or wake forests offer ( I got waitlisted at duke) but was extremely surprised to be accepted. Not sure if it fits with your life schedule, but applying a different year might work.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews