UT Austin MFA 2019

WriterK90

Who applied to UT Austin this year? I know there isn't many of us, so I wanted to make a thread for us all to wait together and share results. In the past, they have notified decisions as early as February so the official wait begins!

I applied to screenwriting in the radio department and Michener. With the radio department only accepting 7 people and Michener 1 to 2, I know my chances are extremely low. But living in Austin would be easier to adjust to than LA for sure!

Which MFA did you all apply to? Good luck!

Shannon M Riley

I'm applied to their Film and Media Production program. It's my top choice and I'm so nervous! It is a small program, and a popular one. Literally went to France to try and distract myself(planned the trip last year anticipating this unbearable anticipation)... yet here I am checking this forum hah

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
I'm applied to their Film and Media Production program. It's my top choice and I'm so nervous! It is a small program, and a popular one. Literally went to France to try and distract myself(planned the trip last year anticipating this unbearable anticipation)... yet here I am checking this forum hah

jordangracey

Applied to the film and media production one myself too. Made the mistake of doing it in advance of the deadline by about a week, so I've been anxiously waiting ever since. I need more distraction from it, yet just like @Shannon M Riley here I am checking this forum to haha

jordangracey

Not meaning to get anyone else’s hopes up with a notification in this thread, BUT — curious if anyone has heard any approximate date ranges that they’re anticipating having the first wave out by?

I know I’ve seen on threads from years past here that some folks reached out and heard back about that, but I had reached out a bit ago to no avail.

Edit: primarily curious since the site just says to “contact the graduate coordinator” to find that info out, but I’m sure she gets 1,000 emails a day haha

Last edited:

houwriteston

Nothing definite. That's the beauty of the suspense. The good news, we're almost halfway through february and they've never sent out a notification as late as March. Hang tough.

jordangracey

Nothing definite. That's the beauty of the suspense. The good news, we're almost halfway through february and they've never sent out a notification as late as March. Hang tough.
That brings me a little bit of solace at least, because I thought that I’d seen March dates from prior years. Here’s to hoping none of that!

WriterK90

Oh my that's awesome! That's like a full ride right??? So cool!!!
Yes! I'm still in shock. I was preparing to go in debt for grad school but they waive tuition and give a 27k stipend every year. This will be hard to beat...

Yes! I'm still in shock. I was preparing to go in debt for grad school but they waive tuition and give a 27k stipend every year. This will be hard to beat...
Wow I didn't know this was possible for MFAs congrats!!

Latest Applications

Latest reviews