UT Austin - MFA Screenwriting 2020

SS66666

Supporting Member
UCLA
Hello everyone! Just making a thread for the people applying to UT for screenwriting. Why do you want to go to UT? What did you think about the application?

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
While everyone is waiting for more info PLEASE take a moment to review the program on our site as an APPLICANT: (it can be anonymous)

List your pros and cons and why you applied to this program. If you can, please also review all of the other programs that you applied to on the site. It will help others A TON. :)

You also assign start ratings to:
  • Alumni
  • Campus
  • Career Assistance
  • Equipment
  • Coursework
  • Professors
  • Financial Aid & Scholarships
You can review a film school as an:
  • Alumni
  • Current Student
  • Admitted Applicant
  • Current Applicant
  • Rejected Applicant
  • Official Tour
  • Unofficial Tour
  • Interview
Thank you! It'll be a HUGE help to the site and fellow applicants. :)

Last edited:

jioh

Columbia
Hi, for the last year people largely got the mail from February 24 to 28. And yes, there is a case who received an e-mail on Feb 15. but Monday of the last week of February (Feb.25) is the most people were contacted for the acceptance! On the other hand, rejection seems to have been mailed at once on Monday, the first week of March. I am also an applicant and this is what I have looked over here.

giga

hey friends! i haven't heard anything either. i called a few times but kept getting transferred to voicemail :cool:

jioh

Columbia
Just checking back in - anybody heard anything?
Nah, for me even if I get any news from the school, I have to wait another week because it come through the scholarship foundation. Anyway congrats on your UCLA admission! May I ask if you get in UT too, which one would you choose and why?

SS66666

Supporting Member
UCLA
Nah, for me even if I get any news from the school, I have to wait another week because it come through the scholarship foundation. Anyway congrats on your UCLA admission! May I ask if you get in UT too, which one would you choose and why?
Thank you! If I get into UT, I will deliberate between the two. I like each program for different reasons. Ultimately, I feel I will end up going to UCLA because I really love the workshop style of the program and LA is where I want to end up. But, we'll see:)

Latest Classifieds

Featured Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Chicago - Department of Cinema and Media Studies
    5.00 star(s)
    In my opinion, the University of Chicago's Cinema & Media Studies program is one of the most outstanding and underrated programs out there. I...
    • jn0pe
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    I went to Emerson for my undergrad for VMA (Visual media arts, just generally the film program) and...it was a lot of fun, I certainly learned...
    • julia1
  • Temple University - School of Theater, Film and Media Arts
    4.00 star(s)
    I graduated in 2013 and know several recent graduates ( 2017-2019 classes) as well. My personal and their related experiences are the basis for...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Rochester - Film and Media Studies Program
    5.00 star(s)
    I graduated from UofR with a double major in Film and Media Studies and Economics. My experiences at Rochester really shaped my filmmaking career...
    • dkimg21