What are my chances of USC, UCLA, Chapman, LMU?

CC Chainey

Hi,
I'm looking to be a Film Production major at USC, UCLA, Chapman, or Loyola Marymount, and am wondering what my chances of getting in are.
My junior year GPA was a 4.67, I got a 2220 on the SAT, I'm the top of my class, President of my choral group, and won the Performing Arts award at my school last year.
I'm taking a course on Understanding and Creating Movies at Cal this summer, but my efforts to make my own film are failing me (I have the script though).
I know I have to write a killer essay, but I'm not sure how many items I should put on my Portfolio List, or what exactly I can put on it as far as written stuff goes.

Palm Tree Armada

Hello, I'm the President of the United States. What do you think i need to do to get into Halliburton?

Seriously, I dont see how they couldn't take you. UC's love the numbers and you sure as hell have them. Keep working on the script and of course a killer movie to go along with it would seal the deal, but i think you're in perfect shape. Those sound more like Ivy League credentials than LMU's.

Latest Classifieds

Featured Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Chicago - Department of Cinema and Media Studies
    5.00 star(s)
    In my opinion, the University of Chicago's Cinema & Media Studies program is one of the most outstanding and underrated programs out there. I...
    • jn0pe
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    I went to Emerson for my undergrad for VMA (Visual media arts, just generally the film program) and...it was a lot of fun, I certainly learned...
    • julia1
  • Temple University - School of Theater, Film and Media Arts
    4.00 star(s)
    I graduated in 2013 and know several recent graduates ( 2017-2019 classes) as well. My personal and their related experiences are the basis for...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Rochester - Film and Media Studies Program
    5.00 star(s)
    I graduated from UofR with a double major in Film and Media Studies and Economics. My experiences at Rochester really shaped my filmmaking career...
    • dkimg21