What is your FAVORITE MUST READ SCRIPT?

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
As a screenwriter what is your FAVORITE or MUST READ script? (Attach or link to them if you can)

Last edited:
Since Sony released the script of Into the Spider-Verse recently, that's a solid read. Also Little Miss Sunshine is an incredible read to study character interaction and development, as well as story pacing.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
Good move on tossing both of these up here! Any favorites on your end?
Honestly it's been a VERY long time since I read a script. Probably the last time was when I was in film school 20 years ago.

The one script that stood out in film school that I remember our professor had us read was Paradise Lost.

Milton's Paradise lost; screenplay for cinema of the mind https://www.amazon.com/dp/0394709640/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_NDmuCbDPC8TQS

But I don't remember it too well as it's been so long. I mainly remember his strong reaction to how good it was.

Septopus7

Staff member
Supporting Member+
AFI
USC
Yeah, I LOVED Buster Scruggs. Found it to be a perfect encapsulation of the the various (and varied) films that they make so well. Probably my favorite filmmakers, actually.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
Yeah, I LOVED Buster Scruggs. Found it to be a perfect encapsulation of the the various (and varied) films that they make so well. Probably my favorite filmmakers, actually.
Is that the one on Netflix now? I'll have to check it out.

Septopus7

Staff member
Supporting Member+
AFI
USC
Is that the one on Netflix now? I'll have to check it out.
Yeah, it's that one. Very much worth the watch. It's also easy to do, since the film's actually an anthology comprised of six different 20-30 minute stories. Can always watch one or two at a time if don't have time to sit and watch the entire 2 hour block. All of them are worth watching though.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
Yeah, it's that one. Very much worth the watch. It's also easy to do, since the film's actually an anthology comprised of six different 20-30 minute stories. Can always watch one or two at a time if don't have time to sit and watch the entire 2 hour block. All of them are worth watching though.
Nice! You should add that to the Bird Box Netflix thread I have. :)

Last edited:

Latest Applications

Latest reviews