what movies have you watched recently?

psufilmgirl

I haven't seen Watchmen yet, but I was in NYC last weekend and had the pleasure of seeing Sunshine Cleaning, which I have been waiting about a year and a half to see.

IT'S AMAZING!!! I've been a fan of Amy Adams since Junebug(she was robbed of the Oscar that year AND this year!) If anyone gets to see it, I highly recommend it.

So, I work at a movie theater part time because I get in free, it's worth it! The last 4 movies I saw were:

Duplicity
Last House on the Left
Sunshine Cleaning
Midnight Meat Train

BTW, I thought Be Kind, Rewind was awful. Anyone else agree? Maybe I should rewatch!

tabbycat

ugh... that sex scene in watchmen... don't remind me!
even though the jeff buckley version of that song is much better, I'm kind of glad they didn't tarnish him by using his version there.

psufilmgirl, I was disappointed by be kind, rewind too.... I don't know if I would call it awful (I thought science of sleep was way worse) but I almost fell asleep toward the end. The only really cool part of the whole thing was the montage where they were remaking the movies.

psufilmgirl

I haven't seen The Science of Sleep yet, but it's on my list!

And I DID fall asleep during Be Kind, Rewind. I just have no tolerance for Jack Black. Okay, maybe in Tropic Thunder and definitely in Tenacious D, but that's about it. I lied. He was also pretty darn good in Margot At the Wedding.

smell_the_glove

Be Kind Rewind was beyond awful. I think it's one of the worst movies ever made. It was cheesy to the point of madness and most of the time it made no sense. All of the blues flashbacks were really pointless and monotonous. I was very annoyed.

But the best movie I saw in the theaters this year was The Wrestler. I cannot believe that it did not even receive an Oscar nomination, and when I watched the Oscars and Mickey Rourke lost, I vowed never to watch the Oscars again. I didn't see Milk, but I doubt Sean Penn was better than Mickey Rourke. I cried at the end, damn it!

Oh, has anyone seen My Name is Bruce? I just watched it. I wonder if there are any Bruce Campbell fans on here. Let your voices be heard!

AshleyM

Sean Penn's performance was really impressive, in my opinion. I saw Milk, but not The Wrestler, so, like you, can't compare the two. Having said that, I think Penn deserved to win. The fact that gay rights are at the forefront of our cultural issues currently may have swayed things a bit in his favor, so maybe if the two movies came out at a different time, Rourke might have won. Kind of goes along with the fact that movies are a reflection of the society and issues at the time in which they were made. Anyway, Penn put himself fully into the role and wasn't afraid to take risks as an actor.

I didn't see Milk, but I doubt Sean Penn was better than Mickey Rourke. I cried at the end, damn it!

smell_the_glove

Originally posted by psufilmgirl:

IT'S AMAZING!!! I've been a fan of Amy Adams since Junebug(she was robbed of the Oscar that year AND this year!) If anyone gets to see it, I highly recommend it.
I loved Amy Adams in Junebug and Doubt, but when I saw her in Enchanted, I wanted to tear out my eyeballs. I think she's fabulous, but god, that movie was way too much for my poor brain to take. Ugh. Anyway, yeah, she's great. Have you seen her in Drop Dead Gorgeous? She's very funny in it.

tabbycat

The Wrestler was fantastic, I agree Mickey Rourke should have won if only for the fact that he might not get nominated for anything ever again, whereas Sean Penn probably will. But, like you, I didn't see Milk so I don't know.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews