Where should I go to Film School for Undergrad?

shorner123

Trying to decide among my final 4 for film production

DePaul
Syracuse
Rutgers
University of Arizona

I like each for different reasons, so if anyone has particular knowledge of these institutions, specially regarding the learning environment, quality of their production program and facilities and the employability post-graduation I would love your input! TIA!

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
@killakween and @soysaucechicken went to Syracuse but not for film but may still have some input here.

@kadkins @thisismaritza @jwel98 went to Arizona and might be able to help you. (but again not for film)

@amcracken did go to AZ for film

Maybe they can help if they see this. Some haven't been on the site for a while so may not be notified. But hopefully some get back to you! :)

Don't know of anyone who went to Rutgers unfortunately.

shorner123

@killakween and @soysaucechicken went to Syracuse but not for film but may still have some input here.

@kadkins @thisismaritza @jwel98 went to Arizona and might be able to help you. (but again not for film)

@amcracken did go to AZ for film

Maybe they can help if they see this. Some haven't been on the site for a while so may not be notified. But hopefully some get back to you! :)

Don't know of anyone who went to Rutgers unfortunately.
Thanks so much for tagging people who could provide information, Chris!

soysaucechicken

Supporter+
Trying to decide among my final 4 for film production

DePaul
Syracuse
Rutgers
University of Arizona

I like each for different reasons, so if anyone has particular knowledge of these institutions, specially regarding the learning environment, quality of their production program and facilities and the employability post-graduation I would love your input! TIA!
As Chris noted, I went to Syracuse but a long time ago and for another art program. At that time the film program was pretty solid but I never even thought of it as path. If I were to chose a program today, regardless of speciality, I'd lean towards the ones that offer, both, the best acting and writing programs. Writing is an essential foundation and good relationships with actors as is super important for your growth IMHO. Hope that helps. All the best to you,

shorner123

Update as of yesterday... I will be attending Rutgers Mason Gross for film. The virtual accepted students day was so impressive and the intimate size of the program/faculty-student ratio sealed the deal. Thanks for the input from those who responded, though — I really appreciate it.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Update as of yesterday... I will be attending Rutgers Mason Gross for film. The virtual accepted students day was so impressive and the intimate size of the program/faculty-student ratio sealed the deal. Thanks for the input from those who responded, though — I really appreciate it.
Awesome! Glad you liked their accepted students day!

Good luck, have fun, and please let us know how it's going there in a year or so. :)

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

Latest Articles