• IT'S HAPPENING! Celebrate interview season by becoming or upgrading to a Lifetime Supporting Membership for ONLY $15! (25% off) by entering the coupon code "ITSHAPPENING" . Thanks for being a member of the site!

Which major would this fall under?

Skiing

I really enjoy the production/videography side of sports (filming games, players, etc) along with sports photography. I'm not sure that a conventional film degree would help necessarily in this field, but I could be wrong. I've seen that there is a sports communication major, but I don't know if this would include the type of things I'm interested in. If you have any insight/advice on this topic, please let me know. Thanks!

Guanqing Lin

I'm not very familiar with undergraduate program, but if you'd like to apply for graduate school in the future, I would recommend you to apply for Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism. It offers a specialization called Sports Media. In this program, you can take courses like video journalism and gain some videography and photography skills, and you can grow as a sports journalist and report sports through visual images. I think this fits well with your interests. For undergraduate program, I don't think film is what you want because it focuses more on storytelling. I suggest that you can consider majors like journalism, because you can take courses like video journalism, and photojournalism.

Skiing

I'm not very familiar with undergraduate program, but if you'd like to apply for graduate school in the future, I would recommend you to apply for Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism. It offers a specialization called Sports Media. In this program, you can take courses like video journalism and gain some videography and photography skills, and you can grow as a sports journalist and report sports through visual images. I think this fits well with your interests. For undergraduate program, I don't think film is what you want because it focuses more on storytelling. I suggest that you can consider majors like journalism, because you can take courses like video journalism, and photojournalism.
I’ll definitely look into it. Thanks!

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews