USC Screenwriting 2012

Congratulations to everyone who got in by the way.

I totally hate you right now and would probably key your car if I knew you or even just knew where it was parked.

But congratulations.

Uh oh. Any lurkers got waitlisted for screenwriting? From what I recall, acceptances and waitlist e-mails get sent out around the same time. But who knows. It's different year to year.

I, for one, am still holding my breath...

GUYS, I just got an e-mail...

"Your application for admission to the University of Southern California has been received and reviewed. I am pleased to inform you that you are academically eligible for admission to the Fall 2012 semester as a graduate student majoring in Writing for Screen and Television leading toward a Master of Fine Arts; however, your application is not yet complete.

In order to comply with U.S. Visa regulations, you must provide an affidavit of financial support before an I-20 or DS-2019 can be issued to you..."

IS THIS..............???

This sounds like good news to me. Congratulations. Wow.

I also just received an email.

Fresh & Easy is offering me all kinds of amazing deals, one of which includes buy one get one free on 9-ounce bags of romaine lettuce.

p.

Hello everyone, haven't been on here since last year. I got an acceptance email for USC's screenwriting MFA on the 17th. Very excited. Good luck to those of you who are still waiting to hear.

I've also been accepted to UT Austin's MFA program. They are offering me a 5,000 scholarship and in state tuition. I'm trying to decide between the two schools. They have their obvious advantages and disadvantages, at UT that being mainly the cheaper tuition. However, it is Texas, a little off the map, but the program only accepts 12 people, and I like the idea of working with a smaller group. Does anyone have any advice regarding this decision? I would appreciate it. Hang in there if you haven't heard yet, it ain't over till it's over (and then you're getting your **** together again to apply next year :) Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
So after trying to access the Intent to Enroll page so many times over the past week and a half that I had completely given up hope already...it just went through.

Does this mean what I think it means? For sure? Haven't received an email or any mail yet.

The ongoing updates are keeping me hopeful.

I still got nothin.

When I called the office yesterday they did indicate that everyone would know within two weeks.

Good luck everyone etc etc

I also got an acceptance on February 17th (sorry, have been lurking)! I am super thrilled and will definitely take the offer (especially since UCLA rejected me). Now just trying to figure out how exactly to afford it... Trying to end up with as little debt as possible which seems like it will be a challenge. But for now, just trying to focus on the happy news and put off the practical side for a while. Got a letter yesterday about admitted students day - hope to meet some of you there!

And keep crossing your fingers those who haven't heard, who knows how their waitlist, etc. works and seems like maybe not everyone getting an offer is definitely accepting it. This is my third time through this process (got into other schools before, but didn't end up going - long story) so just happy to finally have found a home for grad school and my top choice!

I still haven't given up hope.

Quite the opposite really.

Ive tried to access the intent to enroll page so many times that it's changed from the previous not authorized response to DUDE RELAX.

Congrats on finally getting in with all your efforts. I'm sure you can make it work financially. And I say who cares about loans. They forgive all your debt after a certain number of years anyway now. Might as well get a good value out of that law.

P.

Also regarding Austin I think it sounds great. So what it's not USC. Austin is a great town. Its an oasis within Texas. I would have applied there except I can't quit my job or leave my family in LA. Go visit for a weekend before you dismiss Austin.

Congrats to those who have gotten acceptances so far!

And thank you Scuba, for keeping me in good spirits. :)

You're welcome.

May I also recommend a screening of How Stella Got Her Groove Back? Anytime the reels reveal Angela Bassett regaining her fierceness crazy things happen to those who witness. Trust.

/pressesplay

Xx. P.

Originally posted by deanna:
Congrats to those who have gotten acceptances so far!

And thank you Scuba, for keeping me in good spirits. :)
Whatever you do, do not watch the documentary "The Bridge" I made that mistake a few nights ago and while an incredible movie it only took me about 30 minutes before I reached "Why have I done this to myself?!" status.

Officially rejected. From reading last years posts it seems they are sending out the same rejection letter verbatim this year. Oh well. I don't want to be a part of a program that can't even find a special way to say no anyway.

I've heard nothing yet! Don't know if that's a good thing or if my rejection letter is just coming by mail tomorrow. Ugghh! This is torture!

Sorry to you guys who were just rejected. At least your wait is over...

ScubaSt3 Mate, as far as I know, neither Quentin Tarentino, Stanley Kubrick or David Fincher ever set foot inside a film school. Work hard and keep going

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back