1. The FilmSchool.org community has been helping people apply to film school since 2002. Log in or Create an Account and get your film school questions answered.
Chris W
IMG_5554.jpg
Chris W
IMG_5554.jpg
flora_lau_quote.jpg

London Film School

For nearly 60 years the LFS has been the place for emerging creative talent to hone their craft, find their voice and engage directly with the...
IMG_5554.jpg flora_lau_quote.jpg
  1. Chris W

Chris W Get Busy Living Staff Member

Featured Threads:
    Ratings:
    +322
    This thread is for the general discussion of the Film School London Film School. Please add to the discussion here.

#1 Chris W, Jun 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  2. Siddharth Menon

Siddharth Menon New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So at the outset, I just want to state that I'm a complete outsider to the World of Showbiz! Being a Certified Management Accountant and Bachelors in Commerce, I have not had any professional training nor any insight into the educational aspect of filmmaking. However, what I do possess is an undying desire to tell stories and bring stories around the world to life and thereby create a lasting impact on people and their lives. Anyhoo, this year ( at the age of 27) I took the call of calling it quits from the Corporate Industry and purse my passion of direction and filmmaking. However, my knowledge in the sphere of film schools and film education is limited. It is now, that I am researching more about it. So that brings me to my question; how credible is London Film School? What is the possibility of a complete external person ( such as yours truly) to get into such film schools? How is the alumni network of LFS? Any and every answer is welcome. Whatever little input would give me a great impetus! Thanks a ton people!

3. girlalmighty

girlalmighty New Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Hi Siddarth,

I am from the UK but now attend UCLA. I spent a long time deciding whether I should attend film school in the UK and I interviewed with LFS (they accepted me).

There are really only two 'film' schools in the UK (ie. solely dedicated to film & not just a film degree at a general academic university) & those schools are the London Film School and the National Film and Television School.

NFTS is much better than LFS, in truth, but they accept a limited number of students so if you are desperate to attend film school then you have a higher chance of acceptance, statistically speaking, with LFS.

I was looking at LFS for Screenwriting and was disappointed to see that the majority of their alumni went on to become film critics, rather than working screenwriters. However, this was several years ago and things may have changed. I hear their Directing programme is better than what they provided for screenwriters.

So, essentially, you have a good chance at getting into LFS but I would suggest looking seriously at NFTS, as they have much better facilities and are regarded very highly in the industry.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chris W

Chris W Get Busy Living Staff Member

Featured Threads:
    Ratings:
    +322
    The Film School London Film School has been updated.