BuddernScotch

Screenwriting MFA

AFI - interviewed waiting
LMU - interviewed accepted
UCLA - interviewed waiting
Chapman - waiting
USC - waiting but I've been here twice before and it's a big ol DENIED

willrad82

UWM - Wating. I called them on the first of March and my app status was still under review.
Feirstein, Directing - Still nothing. I'm thinking this is probably a bad sign.
UNCSA, Creative Producing - Interview scheduled.
SCAD - Waiting. Applied mid-February. They didn't get all my materials until the first of March.

Has anyone heard anything from Feirstein or UWM?

Isabehl

Supporting Member
Hey did you just recently get an interview from UCLA? I thought they requested early feb.

Grats though that must have been a difficult wait!
Thank you! Yeah, I received an invitation to interview on March 4th and will be interviewing later this month!

Isabehl

Supporting Member
Do you mind if I ask what your gpa or any other information you have is? I applied to LMU film &TV and havent heard anything though I felt like I was a competitive applicant.
Hi, sorry to get back to you so late! I had a 3.29 GPA when I received my B.S. in business, and I included the transcripts from the community college I enrolled in afterwards where I had a 3.95 overall GPA (4.0 in film courses).

I graduated several years ago so I might have been considered a little differently in the review process - not more positively, but I think for me they were looking for different things than they may have from someone coming straight from undergrad or a background in film. Again, I don't think it gave me a leg up, just a different lens to review it through.

Hi, sorry to get back to you so late! I had a 3.29 GPA when I received my B.S. in business, and I included the transcripts from the community college I enrolled in afterwards where I had a 3.95 overall GPA (4.0 in film courses).

I graduated several years ago so I might have been considered a little differently in the review process - not more positively, but I think for me they were looking for different things than they may have from someone coming straight from undergrad or a background in film. Again, I don't think it gave me a leg up, just a different lens to review it through.
Thank you for the reply. Hope I didn't come across as sour. And congratulations on getting accepted!

I've applied to 3 programs.

LMU - Film and Production haven't heard a word.
USC - Film and Production haven't heard a word.
and SFSU - Film and Production haven't heard a word.

I'm applying with a 3.7 GPA as well as a short that has gotten into some festivals, and some letters of rec by industry professionals. But I haven't been interviewed and everyone else has. I'm really bummed feeling like I'm not getting into any of them. (Sorry for the pity party.)

Just got waitlisted. I guess it's fingers crossed till August. But worst case scenario I'm really happy it wasn't 3 rejections.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Cal State Northridge (CSUN) - MFA in Screenwriting Program
    3.00 star(s)
    I was accepted to the CSUN MFA program in 2018 and took part in in for a full year; however, I recently decided not to go back and complete the...
    • Anonymous
  • Savannah College of Art and Design (MFA)
    1.00 star(s)
    The school is a complete honeypot, department head Donald.W Moffett has limited film production experience and has not idea how to properly guide...
    • Anonymous
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Emerson opened a lot of doors for me, so I can't dismiss that fact. However, I don't think it was necessary for me to go to Emerson as opposed to...
    • Anonymous
  • NYU - Tisch Kanbar Institute of Film and Television (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    Currently in my third year of my MFA at NYU Tisch Grad Film (writing/directing). I cannot praise this program enough! It exceeded any expectation...
    • Anonymous
  • National Film and Television School (NFTS)
    5.00 star(s)
    I'm currently in my first year of a 2 year MA at the NFTS. I saw these relatively negative reviews about the NFTS before I applied, but I can now...
    • VDW