1. The FilmSchool.org community has been helping people apply to film school since 2002. Log in or Create an Account and get your film school questions answered. (It's free!)

USC Students Fall 2017

Discussion in 'Graduate Film School Discussions' started by Chris15789, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Chris15789

Chris15789 Member

Ratings:
    +5
  2. Swissapp

Swissapp Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I was actually waiting for the school to send out their email about the Facebook group they make for all of us.
    Because I would love to find someone to find a 2x2 with or something. Someone that's super friendly, 420 friendly and is liberal and creative.

• Like Like x 1
  3. icygee

icygee #JusticeForKatya #JusticeForBeyoncé

Ratings:
    +176
    I'm still waiting to hear back from USC but I just wanted to say that this is literally my Grindr profile. (Also if I end up at USC I'm looking at K-Town and WeHo) ((Actually I'm probably looking there regardless))

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Swissapp

Swissapp Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Then if things work let's link up. I want room mates in my same major this time around that are less anal than my current college room mates in undergrad. Sorority girls and I don't mesh lol

5. Swissapp

Swissapp Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Also. You're the one always sharing RuPaul things. I LOVE RU PAUL

6. Chris15789

Chris15789 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Oh sweet I didnt know they make us a Facebook group. Also yea I'm on the same page I'm not looking for strict roomies and would love to share a space with fellow writers/artists for once
    Are you trying for on-campus housing or an apartment in the city?

7. Swissapp

Swissapp Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I don't want to Commission too far tbh. So I'd want an off campus apartment that's near the school. So I guess it would have to be in Koreatown

8. Chris15789

Chris15789 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Makes sense, did they give you an idea of when the page would be up?

9. Swissapp

Swissapp Member

Ratings:
    +7
    They said the page would be made after everyone has been accepted. So that might not be until the beginning of April?

10. veratin

veratin New Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Me as well, but I dont even know where to start. To find a roommate first, or an apartment? Does anyone have any suggestion?

11. Chris15789

Chris15789 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Personally, I'm going to wait for the Facebook group thing to do roommate stuff. As for living, I was reading the housing brochure and it looks like they try to pair up cinema students in the campus apartments, which is what I'm leaning towards doing.

12. Swissapp

Swissapp Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Right now I'm a bit torn. I don't think I want to live on campus but rather off campus near the university but I need to wait for people to be added to the group to start talking to them and stuff.

Also I'd probably want to live with a male, so that would be interesting

13. Chris15789

Chris15789 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Yea, I believe none of the housing on campus is gender-neutral either.
    Btw has anyone heard from the uni after submitting the statement of intent? I submitted mine a couple days ago and they haven't sent me an email or anything.
    I figured they would send me more info about the deposit or something which I also have yet to do...

14. Exal Iraheta

Exal Iraheta SiSePuede

Ratings:
    +52
    Hi Everyone!

Very glad @Chris15789 made this thread. Has anyone received their financial award packet???

Can't do much planning till I receive that.

15. Chris15789

Chris15789 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Actually called them last Friday about that and the cinema person told me we wouldn't receive word until late april/early may? It sounds weird and I might check in again tomorrow about it. I feel like we should be able to know about FA before making a decision lol but idk that's just what they told me...

16. Exal Iraheta

Exal Iraheta SiSePuede

Ratings:
    +52
    Hm. Maybe they misunderstood the questions for Fiancial Aid and not Scholaeships? I called FA and they gave me the same timeline, but that's usually only processed for ppl who intended to enroll.

Thanks for checking in! I've been chatting with others and they're waiting too. Someone was told within the next two weeks a week ago... so just curious if ppl have started getting more wonderful news. Lol

17. Chris15789

Chris15789 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Yea I'm curious too, I think I'll call them again (they must be sick of me by how many times I've called about stuff) tomorrow and also ask about the Facebook group because I'm excited to get involved with that too.
    Also did you submit a deposit yet? I'm not sure how or when we're supposed to do that atm...I guess I'll ask about that too lol :/

18. Exal Iraheta

Exal Iraheta SiSePuede

Ratings:
    +52
    Haven't submitted deposit yet. That is due by April 15th as well along with if you're going to enroll or not.

I'll give them a call too! They can start getting tired of me. Lol

I'm not on Facebook any longer unfortunately... but I'm thinking of rejoining just for Grad school.

19. Chris15789

Chris15789 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    You should! I feel like it'd be a good way to get familiar with everyone and figure out what's going on generally within the program going forward.

20. Comedynerd

Comedynerd Member

Ratings:
    +87
    Let us know what you hear, Exal! I'm still in the dark. The first scholarship announcements were supposed to go out by tomorrow but I wouldn't be surprised if that timeline changed.

As for housing, I applied for off-campus grad student housing but if I don't get one of the few spots I'll definitely be looking into an apartment near campus.