2011 Acceptances

Directing:
AFI - accepted
Columbia - accepted
NYU - interviewed

25, undergrad from Polish National Film School in Lodz. (editing)

I spent less than a week writing everything for a submission since I didn't expect to be accepted at all (I was going to apply for MFA editing at AFI and Chapman but I didn't have films I edited).
For AFI I sent only one film instead of two so I guess it doesn't matter.
It was the raw cut (no sound, color correction, etc) of the film I shot at the beginning of November (my directing debut) - same one I sent to NYU and Columbia. here's a trailer -
http://vimeo.com/17274186
All three interviews went great.

I'm going to Columbia since I think it fits me the most and it is hard to find a better school.

all the people applying in 2012 - PM me if you have any questions, this forum helped me a lot with all this waiting so I would like to help you as well

Good luck - it helps :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Felipetto:
Directing:
AFI - accepted
Columbia - accepted
NYU - interviewed

25, undergrad from Polish National Film School in Lodz. (editing)

I spent less than a week writing everything for a submission since I didn't expect to be accepted at all (I was going to apply for MFA editing at AFI and Chapman but I didn't have films I edited).
For AFI I sent only one film instead of two so I guess it doesn't matter.
It was the raw cut (no sound, color correction, etc) of the film I shot at the beginning of November (my directing debut) - same one I sent to NYU and Columbia. here's a trailer -
http://vimeo.com/17274186
All three interviews went great.

I'm going to Columbia since I think it fits me the most and it is hard to find a better school.

all the people applying in 2012 - PM me if you have any questions, this forum helped me a lot with all this waiting so I would like to help you as well

Good luck - it helps :)

Felipetto. You should go to AFI!!! It's the Best film school in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi!

USC - rejected (directing)
Chapman - Accepted (editing)

Undergrad: Film studies with 3.08 gpa.

I knew what I wanted, and didn't want to waste my time and money if the school's program wasn't strong enough, so I chose carefully and only applied two schools.

If I want to make it Hollywood, I must stay in Cali, so didn't applied to other states. Everybody knows about USC and its excellent reputation in directing. Since I graduated from Chapman undergrad, I knew its editing and cine emphasis are top of the line.

Anyway, good luck to everyone!! ^.^

22 Yr Old From Hyderabad, India. Undergraduate degree in Electronics and Communications Engineering.

5 years into short filmmaking. Involved in Writing/Production of commercials, short films and a TV Show.

CalArts - Accepted with Scholarship (Film Directing)
Utah - Accepted with Scholarship/Stipend
UT Austin - Rejected
Iowa - Rejected

I did not apply to any of USC, UCLA, NYU, etc primarily because i knew i couldn't afford any of those. After missing those deadlines finally decided to apply to CalArts. Sent a different portfolio package to CalArts from the ones i sent out to the others. Looks like it made a difference.

Also, I may be the only who applied to Utah. Looks like it's a lame ass school. Just for back-up anyway!

I was accepted to AFI and Columbia for Creative Producing and will be going to Columbia next year. In my assessment, Columbia University currently has the finest film program in the country. I look forward to meeting Felipetto and the rest of you who choose CU for your MFA.

23 Year old with a B.A. in Film Studies (all theory)

USC: Rejected
UCLA: Interview, Rejected
Chapman: Interview, accepted

I'm SO excited to start at Chapman in the fall!

Originally posted by Munky the robot:
I am a 25 yr old grad. I worked here n there on commercials docs and directed a music vid.

SCreenwriting applicant
Applied to AFI,UCLA,USC, NYU, COlumBIA,BU,CHAPMAN

AFI- waitlisted n finally ACCEPTED
UCLA- rejected
USC- rejected
NYU- ACcepted
Columbia- Rejected
BU- Accepted- what BU are you talking about?
Chapman- Not heard

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back