1. The FilmSchool.org community has been helping people apply to film school since 2002. Log in or Create an Account and get your film school questions answered. (It's free!)

is this thing on?

Discussion in 'Introductions and Welcomes' started by T See, Sep 4, 2017.

1. T See

T See New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    hi all!

i am applying to mfa programs in screenwriting and i have currently entered application hell and I'm already feeling a bit overwhelmed and under prepared. i am so happy i stumbled across this site. it has already been so insightful and helpful. i hope i can offer some advice and receive some advice from some vets!

right now i have a rough and very ambitious list of schools i am looking to apply to.

-NYU
    -USC
    -UCLA
    -University of Texas, Austin
    -LMU
    -Emerson
    -AFI

i am hoping to trim this list slightly and wondering which schools people consider to be "better" !

2. Chris W

Chris W FilmSchool.org Owner Staff Member

Featured Threads:
    Ratings:
    +287
    Welcome to the site! Also be sure to post in the Graduate School section as well as there are more people checking that section.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Anushka Kartha

Anushka Kartha New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hey! I'm applying for screenwriting as well, but just to NYU, USC and UCLA! I already find that there's loads to do with just the three schools, so I feel you about being overwhelmed. Hit me up whenever and we'll work through this process together :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. T See

T See New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    hi!!!! so do you have a number one choice? also i'd love to know what you're including in your creative portfolio for USC?