USC MFA Film & TV Production 2017

snowysnow

I got in as well. Just heard back. Congratulations everyone.

Has anyone gotten any info about financial aid and scholarships tho? That information wasn't a part of my letter.

lianlee

Seeing several people get the decisions this morning, I really wonder whether they have already sent out all acceptances...

cinebella

Seeing several people get the decisions this morning, I really wonder whether they have already sent out all acceptances...
I don't know if they have. It was a really early email, and I'm not too sure if they do it in burst, or rolling admission.

I do know that I didn't get any info on my financial aid and that will let me decide if I'm going or not.

Kira

MFA TV Writer @UCLA
Congrats, everyone!!! Make sure to update the Google document with your acceptances :)

raechen

I'm based in the US but I'm not a us citizen. I hope you hear something back soon!
Congrats!!
As I know international applicants get no chance to gain scholarships before enrollment. So my letter contains only some financial support info but no scholarship thing.

lianlee

Congrats!!
As I know international applicants get no chance to gain scholarships before enrollment. So my letter contains only some financial support info but no scholarship thing.
Hey did you check the scholarship page before?

Although I didn't hear anything back, I remembered the school has sent us an email which has scholarship information, and there are several fellowships that could be given to international students. Did you fill the scholarship application out?

raechen

Hey did you check the scholarship page before?

Although I didn't hear anything back, I remembered the school has sent us an email which has scholarship information, and there are several fellowships that could be given to international students. Did you fill the scholarship application out?
I remembered that email but I didn't apply for one cuz none of them was available for me. Maybe I missed some important information.:oops:

I'm based in the US but I'm not a us citizen. I hope you hear something back soon!
It is said that scholarship info would be attached in the formal admission. And the letters int applicants received these day are only academic eligible notifications. So you could wait for the formal notification if you applied scholarships before.:)

mbosma

On the YOU.SC. page, does anyone still have the financial aid section asking for housing and enrollment forms to be completed? I haven't been accepted, but was wondering if that needed to be filled out.

Jason Hedy

Director
I haven't received an acceptance, and it still appears when you click on the financial aid forms/application page. It says to complete the forms only if you're planning on getting Federal Direct PLUS Loans and not scholarship funds. I would still do it, nobody's received rejection letters yet as far as I know so there's still a chance!

mbosma

I haven't received an acceptance, and it still appears when you click on the financial aid forms/application page. It says to complete the forms only if you're planning on getting Federal Direct PLUS Loans and not scholarship funds. I would still do it, nobody's received rejection letters yet as far as I know so there's still a chance!
So even if we don't know where we would be living?/ I applied for scholarship as well.

Jason Hedy

Director
So even if we don't know where we would be living?/ I applied for scholarship as well.
Just checked it out, and it only appears to ask you if you're going to be living with a relative, with parents, in USC housing, or in Non-USC housing. So it isn't necessarily a specific location from my understanding, just a general "what do you expect your housing situation to look like" so they can allocate funds accordingly via Direct PLUS loans. I would still fill it out just in case.

Meryam

It seems there is another domestic applicant got accepted too based on the sheet. So only three people get accepted today?
Hey there,

I'm a domestic student and I got my letter today. Accepted:). Check the portal. I didn't receive an email.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• International Film Institute of New York
    5.00 star(s)
    The summer intensive film program at Sarah Lawrence was fantastic. We were taught by industry professionals, whom had many years of experience...
    • Ldc88
    5.00 star(s)
    I experienced the most incredible summer at IFI, and I wish I could relive it every day! however, since I cannot , I make do by taking what I...
    • Anonymous
    5.00 star(s)
    I have been engaged with filmmaking since the age of 9 and was searching for a course that could further my knoll which is not always easy to...
    • sgabor
    5.00 star(s)
    The Sarah Lawrence Filmmaker's Collective was the top experience I've had at a summer film program. Start to finish, their top priority was that...
    • sammaggs
    5.00 star(s)
    I went into this camp uncertain of what I wanted to do in college. When I finished the five week intensive program, I knew what I wanted to do for...
    • JacobNurse