NYU Graduate Film 2019

Buusey

How's everyone's financial aid process going? I received my aid package when I got my acceptance letter on Friday. It stated it was a combination of merit and need worth $27,500. I just now received an email with a scholarship from a private donor that NYU put me up for worth $25,100. I called the financial aid office to clarify since I was confused and they mentioned that I should disregard the first amount and that the second amount has been confirmed plus that I'll be having "some money coming from Tisch" but that my award was explicitly NOT the 25k + 27K (which is a bummer...)

I emailed them yesterday though asking for an increase in amount based off being up for a fellowship at UCLA, but now feel embarrassed since nothing has been finalized, even though they sent me an award letter already. Really confused...

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
Hello!
Wondering who here is having a NYU - COLUMBIA - AFI - UCLA dilemma?
And the resulting choice?
Thank youuu
There are a bunch of those threads in this forum:

maricristimar

Hi everyone congrats once again to those who got accepted! I actually have a room in my apartment in Brooklyn available for lease August 1 with an option for subletting starting May 1. Just 30 minutes by train away from campus at $850 a month. For more details please inbox me privately :)

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
Hi everyone congrats once again to those who got accepted! I actually have a room in my apartment in Brooklyn available for lease August 1 with an option for subletting starting May 1. Just 30 minutes by train away from campus at $850 a month. For more details please inbox me privately :)
Be sure to join the tisch group if you haven't already.

I just recieved an email with an admission offer for the MFA/MBA dual degree program(previously on waitlist). I've already committed myself to another school so I'm giving up the spot. Don't give up hope yet, apparently they're still calling in more students!

mm70

Supporting Member
I just recieved an email with an admission offer for the MFA/MBA dual degree program(previously on waitlist). I've already committed myself to another school so I'm giving up the spot. Don't give up hope yet, apparently they're still calling in more students!
Nice congrats! Where are you going out of curiosity ?

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
Nice. Be sure to update your application statuses.

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member

:)

rpghamlyn

Hi,

Can anyone remind me what the maximum running time of the visual submission was in this application year?

It would also be so helpful if anyone would be willing to share their application materials with me?

Thank you!

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
To those that applied last year.... Be sure to update your application in the Film School Application database with as much info as you can.

See this example application to see how you can fully utilize the system:

The more data the better to help future applicants. Thank you! 🙏

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Cal State Northridge (CSUN) - MFA in Screenwriting Program
    3.00 star(s)
    I was accepted to the CSUN MFA program in 2018 and took part in in for a full year; however, I recently decided not to go back and complete the...
    • Anonymous
  • Savannah College of Art and Design (MFA)
    1.00 star(s)
    The school is a complete honeypot, department head Donald.W Moffett has limited film production experience and has not idea how to properly guide...
    • Anonymous
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Emerson opened a lot of doors for me, so I can't dismiss that fact. However, I don't think it was necessary for me to go to Emerson as opposed to...
    • Anonymous
  • NYU - Tisch Kanbar Institute of Film and Television (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    Currently in my third year of my MFA at NYU Tisch Grad Film (writing/directing). I cannot praise this program enough! It exceeded any expectation...
    • Anonymous
  • National Film and Television School (NFTS)
    5.00 star(s)
    I'm currently in my first year of a 2 year MA at the NFTS. I saw these relatively negative reviews about the NFTS before I applied, but I can now...
    • VDW