USC MFA in Screenwriting Applicants 2018

Hi all! Congrats to everybody who's received letters from USC. Question: did they give you guys a date by which you need to accept or decline your offers? Just curious since I'm wondering if they're gonna wait to see if some folks decline before sending out more acceptances.

Chapman, for example, is asking admitted students to decide in 14 days. But who knows, maybe USC's already sent out everything they're gonna send, other than waitlists...

Lindsey Robertson

Hi all! Congrats to everybody who's received letters from USC. Question: did they give you guys a date by which you need to accept or decline your offers? Just curious since I'm wondering if they're gonna wait to see if some folks decline before sending out more acceptances.

Chapman, for example, is asking admitted students to decide in 14 days. But who knows, maybe USC's already sent out everything they're gonna send, other than waitlists...
No word on when we need to accept, I don't think, but we need to send in our deposit by mid-April.

DamienA

Guys don't fear rejections please, there's always the waitlist. And I can tell you for certainty a few people here have been crossadmitted to schools and may decide to not elect for USC.

Septopus7

Staff member
Supporting Member
Last year we didn't get any rejection letters until March 24, so it will likely be a while until we hear anything...

Septopus7

Staff member
Supporting Member
Looks like I am the first bearer of bad news this year, but you all should check the portal. No email (weird they are having such a delay on those this year), but my rejection letter has been sitting there since Saturday, so I imagine most went out over the weekend.

mariamd

Nothing in my portal yet. But I have lost all hope! Will be applying to programs in the UK... don't want to sit around for another year.

GoAndLoveSomeMore

@Septopus7 I'm sorry to hear that! I really was rooting for you! You are so dedicated and thoughtful! It's not the end of the road though. There are tons of different ways to make it work!

Anyone been waitlisted?

Teddy

I was also rejected. I checked the portal yesterday and the letter was dated 3/17. They also sent me an email at 3:51 this morning telling me the decision was available.

The letter said I wasn't admitted and then said,
"Nonetheless, the School of Cinematic Arts faculty recommended that you continue to build your portfolio and reapply for a future semester."

I'm curious as to whether they tell everybody this or if the faculty actually recommends a group of people reapply...

I was also rejected. I checked the portal yesterday and the letter was dated 3/17. They also sent me an email at 3:51 this morning telling me the decision was available.

The letter said I wasn't admitted and then said,
"Nonetheless, the School of Cinematic Arts faculty recommended that you continue to build your portfolio and reapply for a future semester."

I'm curious as to whether they tell everybody this or if the faculty actually recommends a group of people reapply...
alas, it's just a form letter, which is apparently the same or identical for all rejection letters by Cinematic Arts

Latest Applications

Latest reviews