USC Peter Stark Producing Program 2018

Don't lose hope. They announced the accepted folks on the last day of Feb last year. 3 people in my class came from the wait list because people dropped last minute in the summer. There is always hope.

Don't lose hope. They announced the accepted folks on the last day of Feb last year. 3 people in my class came from the wait list because people dropped last minute in the summer. There is always hope.

Thank you! Out of curiosity, were any students in your class granted admittance without an interview? I have a friend who went through the program a few years ago now that said he had three classmates get in without an interview, but the process was a bit different then.

Any info is appreciated. Hope you're loving the program so far!

According to the spread sheet it looks like a few international applicants and one US based applicant scheduled interviews already and two have already completed them. Anyone else for the producing program get a call or an email yet?

I had my interview this week.

It was pretty much what people have said it would be in previous years. They did say in the beginning that they've narrowed the applications down and are having interviews with the applicants they really liked.

If I remember correctly they said decisions would be made in the end of the month (so again, similar to previous years).

Last edited:
I guess they really didn't like my application then. Oh well.

I guess they really didn't like my application then. Oh well.
You got another interview at Columbia and others so you must be doing something right! USC is a very different school and, as it is with other schools most things in life, preferences are VERY subjective.

I called the office and they said admissions decisions will go out early March. They said they couldn't tell me if more interviews are happening or not.

Oh maybe they did say that (I was super nervous lol). I wouldn’t give up hope on an interview email just yet, they did do interviews pretty much up to the last minute before I think :)

But yeah... things will always work out SOMEHOW in the end!

Last edited:
Like Operator said, final decisions aren't announced until March, so lets not count ourselves out until then.

Stark isn't the end all, be all to get into Hollywood, and like Anja said, anyone that wants to make entertainment bad enough will find a way.

Like Operator said, final decisions aren't announced until March, so lets not count ourselves out until then.

Stark isn't the end all, be all to get into Hollywood, and like Anja said, anyone that wants to make entertainment bad enough will find a way.

Now I'm even more nervous & devastated. I still haven't heard back

I don't want to stress anybody out more than you all already are (and I was the past few weeks!)
BUT I JUST GOT THE CALL!!! :D:D:D

However, I live abroad (it is 9.30 PM here) so they might have called me a little early?

I don't want to stress anybody out more than you all already are (and I was the past few weeks!)
BUT I JUST GOT THE CALL!!! :D:D:D

However, I live abroad (it is 9.30 PM here) so they might have called me a little early?
Was it for an interview or did you get accepted?

@Operator I had an interview in early February and was accepted today :)

@Ness Thank you! I'm not an expert at all (I live overseas and am still trying to figure U.S. universities out haha) but if this is what you really want I'd definitely apply :)

@Eden Pretty Short - I can't really remember much after hearing that I was admitted :) I got an email with all the info yes.

@Adrien Levy Sorry to hear that :/ But it's probably just because another amazing opportunity is waiting just around the corner for you! :)

Last edited:
Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back