1. The FilmSchool.org community has been helping people apply to film school since 2002. Log in or Create an Account and get your film school questions answered. (It's free!)

USC Peter Stark Producing Program 2018

Discussion in 'Graduate Film School Discussions' started by Operator, Sep 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. RandomRandom

RandomRandom New Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Don't lose hope. They announced the accepted folks on the last day of Feb last year. 3 people in my class came from the wait list because people dropped last minute in the summer. There is always hope.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Brynn Langford

Brynn Langford New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you! Out of curiosity, were any students in your class granted admittance without an interview? I have a friend who went through the program a few years ago now that said he had three classmates get in without an interview, but the process was a bit different then.

Any info is appreciated. Hope you're loving the program so far!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Operator

Operator Active Member

Ratings:
    +79
    According to the spread sheet it looks like a few international applicants and one US based applicant scheduled interviews already and two have already completed them. Anyone else for the producing program get a call or an email yet?

4. Anja

Anja Member

Ratings:
    +13
    I had my interview this week.

It was pretty much what people have said it would be in previous years. They did say in the beginning that they've narrowed the applications down and are having interviews with the applicants they really liked. However, I remember in previous years that some people had interviews up until the day before they sent out their letters - it ain't over until the fat lady sings guys!!!

If I remember correctly (I was super super super nervous unfortunately) they said decisions would be made in the end of the month (so again, similar to previous years).

5. Operator

Operator Active Member

Ratings:
    +79
    I guess they really didn't like my application then. Oh well.

6. Zeno

Zeno Member

Ratings:
    +47
    You got another interview at Columbia and others so you must be doing something right! USC is a very different school and, as it is with other schools most things in life, preferences are VERY subjective.

7. Operator

Operator Active Member

Ratings:
    +79
    I called the office and they said admissions decisions will go out early March. They said they couldn't tell me if more interviews are happening or not.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Anja

Anja Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Whatever happens, we’ll all find our paths either way - I’m sure of that! <3

Oh maybe they did say that (as I said I was super nervous, I’m still not sure if it actually happened or if it was just a dream haha). I wouldn’t give up hope on an interview email just yet, they did do interviews pretty much up to the last minute before I think :)

But as I said. Things will always work out SOMEHOW in the end!

9. Citizens

Citizens New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Like Operator said, final decisions aren't announced until March, so lets not count ourselves out until then.

Stark isn't the end all, be all to get into Hollywood, and like Anja said, anyone that wants to make entertainment bad enough will find a way.

10. Celai

Celai New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Now I'm even more nervous & devastated. I still haven't heard back