USC Screenwriting MFA Fall 2014 Applicant Unite!

misspapaya

Hello, new here. I found out on Thursday 2/27 that I was accepted into the program!! Then I received the hard letter yesterday in the mail. I did not have any sort of interview and I didn't follow my application progress to see what it may have said. I accepted, paid my deposit and now I'm in full scholarship seeking mode. Eeek!

hkrieger

Congratulations hkrieger! Do you mind if I ask where you're living? Just wondering how long I'm going to be waiting before I hear too :).

Also, I followed up with the department directly today and they informed me that they don't actually use USC's application system for tracking applications, so they don't update the status as it goes along. So, for everyone out there who was frantic like me about the "first stage of evaluation" notification on your application, not to worry! It's not actually reflective of your current application status.

Lauren
Hey Lauren, Sorry about the delay! I'm visiting LA this week, so things have been a little hectic. I live in New Orleans. I never got an email, but I did get the small letter first, and then the bigger packet with the official "you've been accepted" certificate.

Congrats to everyone getting their acceptance letters. We are so fortunate! I just met with Michael Lane yesterday to ask him some questions about the program, and he said they'll create a Facebook group for all us SCA students (screenwriting as well as production) so we can ask questions, coordinate living situations, etc...

I'm really excited to get to know you all and your work! Anyone who got in, please feel free to message me so we can share contact info. If you want to know a little bit about me, here's a project I've been working on for the past couple years. A full-length pilot version of this was also part of my writing sample to USC. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMf_Uu14hSmcVZ-y95WrKzyh12wVnbCLR

LaurenS

Hey Lauren, Sorry about the delay! I'm visiting LA this week, so things have been a little hectic. I live in New Orleans. I never got an email, but I did get the small letter first, and then the bigger packet with the official "you've been accepted" certificate.

Congrats to everyone getting their acceptance letters. We are so fortunate! I just met with Michael Lane yesterday to ask him some questions about the program, and he said they'll create a Facebook group for all us SCA students (screenwriting as well as production) so we can ask questions, coordinate living situations, etc...

I'm really excited to get to know you all and your work! Anyone who got in, please feel free to message me so we can share contact info. If you want to know a little bit about me, here's a project I've been working on for the past couple years. A full-length pilot version of this was also part of my writing sample to USC. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMf_Uu14hSmcVZ-y95WrKzyh12wVnbCLR

Thanks for letting me know!

Dang, crickets here. I'm already going through with my backup plan - applying for a Master's in Info Systems. :(

So I'm really wanting to at least get in USC for the Spring semester because the thought of writing/filmmaking while working 40 hours a week plus being a part-time Grad-student for a degree purely for the purpose of making decent money - while smart is not appealing.

Common dream come true!

Latest Applications

Latest reviews