UT Austin MFA 2019

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
Yes! She got her letter/email during mahershala ali accepting his award. Not familiar with the UT portal because I didn’t apply, but she was also informed she received a fellowship/scholarship too. I can ask her any other questions today if helpful.
Get her to sign up for the forums! :)

Congrats! Any idea if that acceptance is a part of the first wave that started earlier this week? Or are the ones going out now on a case-by-case basis when one of the first waves offers gets declined?
So the other guy said that they accepted 14 candidates. I'm not sure if that includes the waitlist or not, but regardless ive checked everywhere, even back to 2015, and their is literally no possible way to tell. This program is like, " either you are in or you are out". I didn't get many responses to emails after a certain point so i thought i was rejected. Especially since the other two in the group had already been admitted a week earlier. There is no way to tell honestly. You have hope as long as that status notification doesnt say rejected.

WriterK90

Supporting Member
Whoa whoa whoa @hayleyjordaniels, are you the second Michener fellow? I may be seeing you next year! Congrats!

WriterK90

Supporting Member
I’m MFA screenwriting through RTF. One of the select 7. Earlier when I posted, I selected the wrong pull-down box. But I’m 99% sure I’ll be going to Austin. Just gotta visit and tour in April to be sure.
Oh okay! Still congrats!!!

I still will likely be in classes with you if we both end up in Austin. Please let me know how the tour goes! I was invited to visit but I have way too much going on to plan a trip down there. I'm already travelling to LA in May and I'm hardly prepared.

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
I’m MFA screenwriting through RTF. One of the select 7. Earlier when I posted, I selected the wrong pull-down box. But I’m 99% sure I’ll be going to Austin. Just gotta visit and tour in April to be sure.
Does your application have the correct option on the pulldown? You should be able to edit it and choose the correct one if you chose the wrong one.

Oh okay! Still congrats!!!

I still will likely be in classes with you if we both end up in Austin. Please let me know how the tour goes! I was invited to visit but I have way too much going on to plan a trip down there. I'm already travelling to LA in May and I'm hardly prepared.
Well start packing your bags! You have a calling waiting on you, you famous now!

Latest Applications

Latest reviews