2014' Acceptance / Interviews / Rejections

JFadley

After looking through the site, I've noticed that most of the threads are spread out by school or outdated by a year. As such, I'm going to start a new post for those of us that submitted MFA packages for the upcoming fall semester. I personally submitted to:

Columbia College Chicago
USC
Syracuse
De Paul

Hopefully this forum will serve as a guide to how the rest of us are fairing, as well as offer support and reassurance in the lull of the wait process. Best of luck to everyone!

After looking through the site, I've noticed that most of the threads are spread out by school or outdated by a year. As such, I'm going to start a new post for those of us that submitted MFA packages for the upcoming fall semester. I personally submitted to:

Columbia College Chicago
USC
Syracuse
De Paul

Hopefully this forum will serve as a guide to how the rest of us are fairing, as well as offer support and reassurance in the lull of the wait process. Best of luck to everyone!

Sounds good to me man.

USC
UCLA

Screenwriting.

Got an email this past Saturday saying UCLA wants to interview me.

Congrats! I wish you luck in the interview. As to the rest of us, those December deadlines we all rushed through Thanksgiving to finish have begun to make their way into the hands of the deciders! Shall their decisions be decisive.

Hi guys! First time posting anywhere! I applied to a bunch of places for screenwriting:

UCLA
USC
Chapman
LMU
NYU
Columbia
BU
Long Island University
Fordham

I've already been accepted to Long Island's MFA in writing and producing for television and am eagerly waiting to hear from everywhere else!

Great thread. Anyone have a link, or know by chance, when Columbia University will start contacting prospective applicants/interviewees? I'd love to focus my nervousness around a (quasi)definitive date.

Hello lovely people! :p

I submitted to USC--screenwriting & NYU--production, with a focus on directing

Good luck everyone! I can't believe in a few short weeks (hopefully) the wait will be over.

I'm glad you created this thread.
I've applied to three universities for directing.

Columbia University
NYU Tisch school
USC

Great thread. Anyone have a link, or know by chance, when Columbia University will start contacting prospective applicants/interviewees? I'd love to focus my nervousness around a (quasi)definitive date.

Last year Columbia started contacting people for interview on February 7, but they were Creative Producing applicants. I mean first they call producing applicants and from feb. 15 to march 7 directing/screenwriting applicants.

I'm still deployed in "support" of Operation Enduring Freedom, but I have someone on the look out for mail. Syracuse doesn't have a deadline until Feb 1 and De Paul extended until March. Originally Columbia College's deadline was the 1st of Jan, then pushed back to the 15. Syracuse was the 15th of Jan is now the 1st. My guess is that those schools were either not getting quality candidates OR they weren't receiving the volume of packages they expected. Just a thought. Just the initial stuff from USC, such as we received your application and fill out the FAFSA stuff. Stay frosty kids.

Hello all-
I applied to UCLA, AFI and a couple of film schools in Europe, all for screenwriting.

Have only heard back from UCLA. They emailed last Friday to schedule an interview. Haven't heard back yet on a date.

This is certainly a nerve-wracking experience. I hope we all get in to the school that we hope to! :)

I'm still deployed in "support" of Operation Enduring Freedom, but I have someone on the look out for mail. Syracuse doesn't have a deadline until Feb 1 and De Paul extended until March. Originally Columbia College's deadline was the 1st of Jan, then pushed back to the 15. Syracuse was the 15th of Jan is now the 1st. My guess is that those schools were either not getting quality candidates OR they weren't receiving the volume of packages they expected. Just a thought. Just the initial stuff from USC, such as we received your application and fill out the FAFSA stuff. Stay frosty kids.

Applying while deployed! Much props!

I just received an email from a professor at Depaul. Not sure if it was a bulk mail or not. I say that because the email was in my junk mail folder and likewise I got an email from USC also in my junk mail folder. But DePaul said decisions will be made by mid-March.

I use outlook.com and perhaps I need to switch back to gmail...although I'd have to pay for it to use my custom domain, it's certainly not cool to have important emails sent to junk.

And regarding deployment. I served in the Navy, but got injured so I'm out now, but I applied for schools during my service as well during my last round and it was freaking hard because computer access was so limited. So just applying from deployment also gets kudos for me as well :)

I have a feeling next week or so some people willl start getting interviews. I applied to 8 schools, so I'll be very active on this thing, because he why not and I know it's a service to everyone just to give basic information about news.

Thanks Umikami and JFSWLA for the compliments.
Here's what DePaul wrote:

Thank you for your application to our program at DePaul. As we begin the process of application review, and you begin to make your decisions, I wanted you to know that if you need any additional information, or have anymore questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We'll notify you as soon as decision are made, hopefully by mid-March.

In addition to the new Alexa we just bought to go with our Red 1 and Red Epic cameras, here are some links about cool things going on with our program:

Chicago named best city to live and work as a filmmaker: http://t.co/n12vIE9N4A

DePaul signs a deal for 20,000 feet of soundstage space: http://bit.ly/1fiyOme, http://abclocal.go.com/wls/video?id=9374082

Visiting Artists Series: http://bit.ly/19X3lrW
http://<http://bit.ly/19X3lrW>bit.ly/19X3lrW<http://bit.ly/19X3lrW>

Let me know if I can help in any way!

I applied USC, UCLA, Miami, Florida State, Columbia College Chicago, Columbia University, Ohio University, and DePaul.

I'm hoping to start getting interview invites but nothing yet.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back