2016 Interviews- Acceptances- Rejections

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
Hey! I was just checking the Spreadsheet and it seems like someone just deleted all the info from several schools (like NYU). What's going on? Is there a way to recover that valuable info? (@Chris Wright )

Thanks!
I'm not involved in any way with the spreadsheet... completely filmschool.org member created. :)

I just got the email! I was accepted into AFI for their directing program! I'm so excited! Good luck to everyone still waiting; I'm crossing my fingers for you!

jedi578k

I just got the email! I was accepted into AFI for their directing program! I'm so excited! Good luck to everyone still waiting; I'm crossing my fingers for you!
AFI directing program wow, I jumped out of my sit when I saw spreadsheet getting updated by an acceptance.
Say hello to Terry Malick for me LOL

WriterGirl

I got a YES from AFI! *jumping around* :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:

WriterGirl

Hey @filmophile20 and @WriterGirl ! Also just got accepted to AFI Directing program! I guess I'll see you this fall? By the way, have you guys heard anything about scholarships yet?
YAY! Hope to see you there! :D:D:D:D

I had a partial scholarship letter attached to my acceptance email. It was a second letter in addition to the formal acceptance one.

Mis

Got rejected from AFI screenwriters program. Hurts...but at least I know. Congrats to everyone who got in. I will get there eventually in one capacity or another!

Al1

Congratulations AFI people! I was accepted this morning too into the directing program, so i look forward to meeting all of you!

Does anyone have any idea about specific term dates?

Solomon_E

Got rejected from AFI screenwriters program. Hurts...but at least I know. Congrats to everyone who got in. I will get there eventually in one capacity or another!
I'm sorry to hear that - but I agree, at least you know.

Boethius

Been traveling for the last couple weeks and away from a keyboard. Quick update on my end. I was accepted into Columbia for Screenwriting/Directing! It was my first choice during the applications, and I was super stoked to be admitted. UCLA also affirmed their offer, despite my doubts earlier about whether or not my undergrad transcript would count in their system. I feel very lucky to have four good options to choose from (I did turn down LMU on April 1), and both NYU and Columbia offered me institutional aid, so as of now I'm setting my sights on NYC.

Has anyone else been waitlisted by UCLA for the MFA in Directing ? I only see like 4 people including myself. @filmophile20 Are you going with AFI or will you wait out your UCLA waitlist ?
Anyone heard anything further on these waitlists ?

jj45

Hey does anyone know the deal with deferring an acceptance for a year or so? I've been accepted at Chapman for screenwriting (still waiting on LMU) and I'm not sure if it's financially realistic for me to attend in the fall 2016.. Is deferring something that Chapman or film schools in general allow?

WriterGirl

I declined my offer for Screenwriting at Chapman. Just FYI, in case someone is waiting ;)

Manatee

Has anyone else been waitlisted by UCLA for the MFA in Directing ? I only see like 4 people including myself. @filmophile20 Are you going with AFI or will you wait out your UCLA waitlist ?
Anyone heard anything further on these waitlists ?
Im on the wait list,too. I tried to call them to figure out how many people before me, but they wouldn't tell me.

CollegeGirl

I have been waitlisted on Columbia's Creative Producing Program and waiting for a response from Northwestern and Chapman. I am so nervous.
Has anyone here applied for Film and TV Producing to Chapman?

Im on the wait list,too. I tried to call them to figure out how many people before me, but they wouldn't tell me.
Yea it's my only hope. I hope a few people with multiple admits drop out so we can get in. Did you update the spreadsheet with your waitlist?

Manatee

Yea it's my only hope. I hope a few people with multiple admits drop out so we can get in. Did you update the spreadsheet with your waitlist?
No I didn't update it. Cause I feel sad about it... I only applied UCLA, so that's my only hope, too. And my friends there also told me each year there will be only one or two people from the wait list can finally get in. So it really depends on your position on the wait list. I would say, if you are in top 5, you get a chance.

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• USC Cinematic Arts - Film and Television Production (MFA)
    1.00 star(s)
    Questionable Investment
    If you don’t get a scholarship to attend USC I would advise against going. It’s too much money to throw away for a school with so many problems...
    • Anonymous
  • Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    BEST use of your time!
    Thanks to professor Carl Haber I was able to learn the fundamentals of screenwriting and how to implement them. For the first time in my life, I'm...
    • pcasmur
  • UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Chicago - Department of Cinema and Media Studies
    5.00 star(s)
    In my opinion, the University of Chicago's Cinema & Media Studies program is one of the most outstanding and underrated programs out there. I...
    • jn0pe
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    I went to Emerson for my undergrad for VMA (Visual media arts, just generally the film program) and...it was a lot of fun, I certainly learned...
    • julia1