advice

Never heard of the school. Are you able to attend school in the UK or US?

I hear the Nigerian film market is crazy right now. Lots of films being produced for $5000USD that end up making between $100K-$500K.

If its not very expensive I can attend but all the UK and USA film schools I have checked in about 1month now are too expensive that's why I'm giving asia prefrence. Do u know any good film school in Asia or UK and USA that are not very expensive.
Yes it can b very cheap to produce movies here and make good money but the movies always lack quality because most film makers here are concerned about making money not the quality of the movie they produce

I have checked out the schools earliar than now those schools but didn't get concrete information about d MFA film in Newport wales and the other school concentrate more on theatre than film.
I also checkd MET film school london and BEIJING Film academy(china)m they are also on d moderate side. Beijing's program is more encompassing but it takes 3years to complete a masters degree and for both schools u are responsible for your practical(s) expenses.
I'm still undecided,I need convinctions about the teaching and learning strength of these schools

Originally posted by ODamie:
can anyone tell me how good ASIAN ACADEMY OF FILM AND T.V India is?

You want to know about AAFT? its an OK school by Indian standards, it has decent equipment to practice with but the staff and curriculum is not generally considered to be very good. However people do tend to find jobs with their certification, but that is also because certificates and degrees matter more in India than actual experience.
Honestly, of what I know of the place, you will succeed only if you work hard by yourself and utilize the equipment and stuff that this place has.

If you are interested in a short course in Film-making then go for the T.V (certificate) course at FTII (Film and Television Institute of India at Pune). It will cost you the same and FTII is a better 'brand' name. And FTII has one empty seat for foreign students. So you just have to call em... no need for entrance exams :p

The last time I checked FTII has no space for international students. Its stated in their website. That was the 1st school I picked interest in in Asia before AAFT and now I'm looking into BEIJING FILM ACADEMY and my mind is still open to other schools in Asia.

Thats a new rule they must have implemented this year. :(
In any case dont apply to any other place in India if you cant get through FTII. I dont have high regard for the other film schools. You can try for the Mass Communication course at Jamia Milia Islamia University, Delhi. That place I hear gives some amount of exposure to filmmaking in addition to film theory. Although I have been warned that its not the place people should go to learn film direction, but everything else is fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• UC Berkeley
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    Concentration: Film and Media Studies
    UC Berkeley Film Packs a Punch!
    I absolutely loved my time at UC Berkeley and I would not have traded doing my undergrad there even for a top spot at UCLA for a BFA in Film...
    • 8ballqueen
  • Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back