AFI Screenwriting Fall 2021

Batsy

Supporter+
I'm new to the thread too (just been lurking haha 😄) I received an interview request a bit ago as well. Scheduled for February 3rd.

Batsy

Supporter+
Congrats everybody!! I'm super anxious right now cuz I haven't received any email from them yet 😬

Don't fret too much :)
I think it's still pretty early for requests! I got an email some weeks back that said something about interviews going from February to a few days before the final notification deadline (sometime in March).

Inkie9

Congratulations to everybody who has been invited to interview! :) Exciting and terrifying to know that they're contacting people already!
@lucychoi97 I haven't heard anything back yet either, and sounds like they do it over quite a long period of time so might have a while to wait yet! Been trying to distract myself but unsuccessful so far haha

marianass45

Supporter+
I found out that my interview is going to be with Anna Thomas and Paola Villegas Soruco. I'm curious about the others!
Who are you interviewing with?

Congratulations to everybody who has been invited to interview! :) Exciting and terrifying to know that they're contacting people already!
@lucychoi97 I haven't heard anything back yet either, and sounds like they do it over quite a long period of time so might have a while to wait yet! Been trying to distract myself but unsuccessful so far haha
Thank you!
I'm sure they will be sending more interviews, I was looking at last year's thread and if they follow similar dates, they will be sending interview requests for quite a while! I'm rooting for everything to work out! 😃

Krmg

I found out that my interview is going to be with Anna Thomas and Paola Villegas Soruco. I'm curious about the others!

Thank you!
I'm sure they will be sending more interviews, I was looking at last year's thread and if they follow similar dates, they will be sending interview requests for quite a while! I'm rooting for everything to work out! 😃
Hi @marianass45, I'm interviewing with Anna Thomas and Derek Olson. And my headshot was terrible-ish. My partner took it for me but it's no where's near professional haha, it's the best I could do while stuck in my house haha.

equus_auctor

Supporter+

Thank you!
Mine is with Anna and Paola too

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Hi everyone! I just found this thread... I'm interviewing with Jacob Forman and Jonathan Fernandez on Jan 25! Much earlier than a lot of you so I'll follow up with what my experience was like for those interested. Best of luck to everyone!!
Good luck! Be sure to add your application with the relevant dates to our database to help others. :)

Latest Accepted Applications

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Go if you have a sizable scholarship
    Ultimately glad I went, but my overall experience at Emerson felt very lackluster. The courses were good, but nothing really worth sinking almost...
    • Anonymous
  • USC School of Cinematic Arts (BA/BFA)
    5.00 star(s)
    A Journey Most Illuminating
    I started my USC adventure as a Theatre major. I quickly discovered that I needed to change paths, and film had always been of interest. I thought...
    • JHD
  • London Film School (LFS) - Directing Summer School with Udayan Prasad
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Filmmaking Intensive, Though Pricey
    I attended this summer program in 2019. I wanted to try out directing in an environment where I would get feedback on my work and where I could...
    • llueve
  • Northwestern University - School of Communication
    4.00 star(s)
    Good for film theory, not so much for production
    *Please take this with a grain of salt, as I went to NU over a decade ago. While I was there: Classes in film theory and screenwriting were great...
    • Anonymous
  • Film And Television Institute of India
    4.00 star(s)
    Graduate Certificate, TV Direction
    I was enrolled in the 1-year Direction certificate course in the TV wing in the session 2018-19. Following are the pros and cons that I...
    • ValArya

Latest Accepted Applications