Chapman MFA Directing 2020

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
Just got the email too! I'm INNNN!!
Me too, I got in, I'm in Producing discipline😀
Hi, I’ve also been admitted in the Directing program. I’m also Taiwanese. :)
Wow congrats to everyone! I also got an email today accepting me into the Directing program! I'm so excited and I hope to see some of you in the Fall!
I got an email too! I was accepted into the editing program. :)
Congrats everyone! If you want the Chapman badge and access to the private Chapman forum (which was quite active last year) see this thread here:

DylanJ

I just got notified that I was rejected! A little disheartenin, but maybe i wouldnt have been a good fit for the school anyway. Still waiting to hear from UTA and Emerson where people have also already been accepted, so definitely concerning, but I'm not giving up hope!

sguilford

I received my rejection, but I was accepted to other schools that were higher priority for me, so that's okay! Congrats to everyone who got in! And congrats to everyone who's going to their dream school!

mellamocyl

Got an e-mail too! It also says I was awarded a scholarship but it doesn’t say how much or any further details yet.
Hi! Did you receive the fellowship notification directly from the Dodge College of Film and Media Arts? Thank you.

Ep317

Hi! Did you receive the fellowship notification directly from the Dodge College of Film and Media Arts? Thank you.
Yes! I first got an e-mail notifying me about receiving a scholarship and after a few hours I got the actual scholarship email with the amount/details and all of that.

JJJ123

I've been waitlisted for the directing discipline. Never did an interview and wasn't contacted prior to receiving the notice.

charlottehuang

Chapman
Hey guys, I just asked Chapman admission a few questions related to the directing program.
Sharing with you if you need it:
  • There are about 15-18 students in each cohort and there are 3 cohorts (1st years, 2nd years, & 3rdyears)
  • We actually have 48% males and 52% females in the program
  • The approximate acceptance rate this year was 16% for Directing alone

bmac

Hi all! I just committed to Chapman!!!!!!!! I'm so ready!!!

I saw this video and got so hyped! Excited to meet everyone who commits!

Latest Classifieds

Featured Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Chicago - Department of Cinema and Media Studies
    5.00 star(s)
    In my opinion, the University of Chicago's Cinema & Media Studies program is one of the most outstanding and underrated programs out there. I...
    • jn0pe
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    I went to Emerson for my undergrad for VMA (Visual media arts, just generally the film program) and...it was a lot of fun, I certainly learned...
    • julia1
  • Temple University - School of Theater, Film and Media Arts
    4.00 star(s)
    I graduated in 2013 and know several recent graduates ( 2017-2019 classes) as well. My personal and their related experiences are the basis for...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Rochester - Film and Media Studies Program
    5.00 star(s)
    I graduated from UofR with a double major in Film and Media Studies and Economics. My experiences at Rochester really shaped my filmmaking career...
    • dkimg21